WPA2 authentication fails on 2.4ghz virtual interfaces

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Wildlion
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 22:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
@jtbr Very Happy Happy you got it working... The reason I suggested the MAC addresses was the combination of your initial comment about them not matching and then seeing the logs where it would authenticate and then immediately disconnect. I was setting up an ad-hoc connection one time and those were the symptoms and the reason. As to why it is happening in this case is very odd to me and it could be a bug in DD-WRT but this is beyond my level of knowledge in DD-WRT's inner workings.

@AndyOxon, I suggest you open a different thread/topic and post your symptoms and we may be able to help.
Sponsor
AndyOxon
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:30    Post subject: Mission Reply with quote
Thanks @Wildlion. I haven’t got the time today, but I will take the dd-wrt to the bench in the next couple of days. There, I will hook up on a serial connection, erase nvram, re-flash latest FW, erase nvram again, set basic networking (IP, Gateway, DNS) and 2G WiFi only, and see what happens. I very much doubt after that a new thread will be of use to anyone. But I do have incremental builds in my temp folder going back to r48494. So then, I will try @ r48494 and move forward, erasing nvram along the way in the hope that I can provide something useful in the ‘new builds’ thread.
Netgear WNDR4500v2 | FreshTomato | Router, WAP (2G), WDS-AP (5G).
AndyOxon
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 9:44    Post subject: Just in case Reply with quote
I found the point at which my problems start.

After testing, and a number of resets, I have found that when I reclaim the WAN port, I lose 2G Wifi connections, permanently. I am unable to regain 2G WiFi by tracing back & undoing changes. However, settings restore (from the same build) works, and the router performs as expected.

Maybe this is useful here.

Netgear WNDR4500v2 | FreshTomato | Router, WAP (2G), WDS-AP (5G).
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: