WRT3200ACM terrible wifi problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Monza
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 20:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
For confirmation -

a)you are sure only wlan0 and wlan1 are enabled with wlan2 disabled.

b)for both wlan0 and wlan1 when WPA is selected for Security Mode you have ONLY WPA2 Personal and CCMP-128 (AES) checked and NO OTHER options selected under the Network Authentication section for both wlan0 and wlan1 radio.

c) None of your wifi devices can connect . . none. If some do you would have said you had some connecting and some not connecting.

If the above is correct but no wifi . . . try enabling both WPA2 Personal and WPA3 Personal /SAE. This only works for me because I have a device that supports WPA3. For me, with no devices supporting WPA3, WPA3 enabled will crash my wifi. So if no joy leave WPA3 disabled.

Edit: Also make sure you have the Wireless/Wireless MAC filter disabled OR you have the right Filter Mode selected and the MAC address entered for the selected mode if enabled. If MAC filter is enabled accidentally without MAC addresses then . . . no connections, it happens. =)

Last suggestion for me is, if you feel your setup is correct, pick any one of your wireless devices and delete/forget your existing wifi network. Then reconnect to your network with the latest DD-WRT update being active. There may be some changes that your wifi devices current config doesn't recognize in the latest update version. Renegotiation/setup may fix the problem if you previous version was much older. If connection succeeds try another, another, etc. If that fails I have no other suggestions. =(

Also if you have IPv6 disabled on the router you may need to disable it on your devices as well. Sony devices seem especially sensitive to the IPv6 status.
Sponsor
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: