Two printers on R7000

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
kulica64
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 19:05    Post subject: Two printers on R7000 Reply with quote
Hi guys,

I am turning to you as I am currently stuck and can't go further. I placed two different printers on a USB hub and connected them to a USB 2.0 port of my R7000 router. Both get recognized and with some magic both can be accessed via different port 9100 and 9101 separately.

What I don't know is a way to force a printer device with USB VID and PID numbers to a specific device lpx entry. Currently if you power your printer on in the wrong order or you only power on one printer it can happen that they are assigned a different port. So the idea is to force them in sync with their respective port number. I mean it is not hard to only have every printer instance on 9100 port and powering on only the needed printer, but I want to do it cleaner.

Thanks!
Sponsor
the-joker
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 14:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
No idea, DD-WRT wise that is.

Regular Linux I would point you to udev rules, but DD-WRT doesn't have any such mechanisms.

You could write some bash script that essentially listens for these events and checks if said printer is connected to the respective port or not and either disconnect it or do some magic and shove the printer where it belongs, I mean the right port.

Not entirely sure how that would go.

That or try to connect one printer via USB and the other if supported another interface other than USB.

DD-WRT Inspired themes for the SVN Trac & FTP site
Join in for a chat @ #style_it_themes_public:matrix.org or #style_it_themes:discord

DD-WRT UI Themes Bug Reporting and Discussion thread

Router: ANus RT-AC68U E1 (recognized as C1)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: