Repeater Bridge mode - Connect by Mac Address?

though
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 0:20    Post subject: Repeater Bridge mode - Connect by Mac Address? Reply with quote
Hi all-

I want to start out by saying I am unable to run ethernet cables to any of the devices at this time.

I am not sure exactly how to properly set up 'Repeater Bridge' mode with my set-up. I have a main AP (Starlink) and 2 Netgear AC1450 running DD-WRT with both in 'Repeater Bridge' mode and want to make sure that the Garage1 unit closest to Starlink connects only to Starlink and the Garage2 unit only connects to the Garage1 unit and not vice versa or to the weaker signal Starlink.

If I were to lose power on any or all devices I want to make sure they properly reconnect to the correct devices and get back online properly.

Would the best way to set these up is use Site Survey under Status/Wireless? And if I do it this way is it looking for only that MAC address from that device and not necessarily the SSID from any device with the same SSID?

I assume if I set these up manually by typing the SSID name under the Wireless tab I would be running the risk of the devices erroneously trying to connect to anything that is broadcasting that same SSID?

Here is a photo of how it is set up.

Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: