Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:24 Post subject: New Build - 01/21/2022 - r48141
Welcome to Broadcom r48141 beta release thread for reporting, feedback to developers & community benefit.
Please do not flash builds until installation is understood, risks involved and device specificrecovery methods.
Avoid discussions, create threads for questions, general problems or use search; this thread is not for support.
Please list router model & revision, operating & wireless mode(s) and exact filename/firmware image flashed.
Issues, observations, and/or workarounds reported:
• WebUI: Clear history or use a portable. Temporary cache bypass: Ctrl+F5, Cmd+Shift+R or new private window/incognito.
• DNScrypt 1.95 can still be used in WebUIbut v2 (not compatible) requires Golang and thus Entware. See Trac ticket #6246.
• WDS does not work on Broadcom ARM devices (only MIPS<->MIPS) & bridge modes on k4.4 devices may sometimes work
in some configurations for certain builds but are not supported by the bcmdhd driver. Try client or repeater modes, but YMMV.
• VAPs not working at bootare fixed, both unbridged (r40634) and bridged (r47822). Please test, removestartup commands.
• If startup scripts do not work from USB add delay (wait script), sleep 25 or try Administration -> Commands -> Save USB.
• Broadcom ARM devices if 5 GHz channels are missingvia Telnet/SSH: 'nvram set brcm_unlock=1' 'nvram commit' 'reboot'.
• Please report findings with steps needed to reproduce, configuration, clients, output, logs and important information below!
• Detail issues & relevant configs. Logs: 'dmesg' 'cat /tmp/var/log/messages' syslog klog, serial, strace, tcpdump, wireshark.
• Any firewall NAT or WAN issues, show output: 'iptables -vnL' 'iptables -t nat -vnL' 'iptables -t mangle -vnL' and /tmp/.ipt file.
• Gremlins: reset & configure manually, not restore a backup. Reboot. Search Trac & discuss in forum before opening tickets.
• Include operating & wireless modes (e.g. Gateway, Router, AP, CB, WDS, Mesh) and applicable configurations to reproduce.
Joined: 01 Dec 2021 Posts: 224 Location: Maryland, United States
Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 19:43 Post subject:
Router/Version: Netgear R6300v1
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r48141 mega (01/21/22)
Mode/Status: Router / Severe Problems
Issues/Errors: After trying to do the firmware update from the previous version the router booted but any applied changes would cause the router page to be unaccessible. I tried the 30-30-30 reset twice but it did not help. I tried to install a previous version but it did not complete. I was able to install the original Netgear firmware (several year old)and then I installed DD-WRT v3.0-r48068 giga (01/09/22) which works. I am going to stay on this version for at least several weeks an hopefully DD-WRT will come out with an update that will work well with the R6300v1.
Update: I had to revert to DD-WRT v3.0-r47911 giga (12/23/21) to allow changes which would not lock mo out of the DD-WRT router control panel after trying to "apply settings".
Last edited by PaulGo on Sun Jan 23, 2022 19:01; edited 1 time in total
Netgear R6700 v3 – Client Bridge
Firmware Version: DD-WRT v3.0-r48141 std (01/21/22)
Kernel Version: Linux 4.4.299 #5028 SMP Mon Jan 17 05:48:21 +07 2022 armv7l
Temperatures: CPU 64.7 °C / WL1 52.7 °C
Current Time: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 18:52:32
GUI install over 48138
Thank you BS and thanks you gurus for your guides and wisdom _________________ Netgear XR500 - Gateway
R6700 v3 - Station Bridge
Router/Version: Asus N12 D1 / BCM5357@300MHz / DD-WRT v3.0-r48141 mega (01/21/22)
File/Kernel: dd-wrt.v24-48141_NEWD-2_K3.x_mega.bin / Linux 4.4.299 #13852 Fri Jan 21 05:13:17 +07 2022 mips
Previous/Reset: DD-WRT v3.0-r48081 mega (01/11/22) / GUI install over r48081 / Reset done on r48141
Mode/Status: Repeater Bridge NG-Mixed (wl0 & wl0.1) / Running 24-7
-After reset and setup as a "Repeater Bridge", clicking the "Save" button in the "Wireless - Basic Settings" tab hangs the page and the router becomes inaccessible even after manual reboot and trying with the new assigned local IP (possibly due to the unsaved wl0 SSID - leaving it in a non functioning state repeater wise - also "arp -a" does not show the router). As a workaround, enter every configuration for the Repeater Bridge mode clicking "Save" and leave the configuration of the "Wireless - Basic Settings" tab for last, when we will click "Apply Settings" instead (this will trigger a save event and then apply).
-Multicast (Google Chromecast Ultra) does not bridge from the second router (with dd-wrt) in Repeater Bridge mode, to devices connected on the first router (non dd-wrt). I noticed that after rebooting the router in Repeater Bridge mode, the Chromecast is visible on devices connected to the first router, but this only lasts a few minutes (<5) before disappearing. Devices connected to the second router in Repeater Bridge mode always see the Chromecast.
@strange, cuiver: I just emailed BrainSlayer about this thread IRT these bridge modes, etc. Not sure what response we'll get, but these bridge modes (and WDS on Broadcom ARM) have been an ongoing thing fpr as long as I have been here. All the "issues" with these modes seem to constantly pile up and most of them are already known and it seems there is a slight disdain for Broadcom's lack of open source support. Maybe we'll see some improvements soon, maybe not. Just keep in mind that removing them has been a thought for quite some time.
I have used Client Bridge mode on at least three routers over the years, starting with an old WRT-54G. I like to re-purpose my old routers when I buy a new one. Often the CPU chips don't match so I cannot use WDS. Re-purposing the old router also reduces E-waste and helps save the environment. Hopefully, support will not be dropped. _________________ Netgear XR500 - Gateway
R6700 v3 - Station Bridge
Router/Version: Netgear R8000
File/Kernel: DD-WRT v3.0-r48141 std (01/21/22) / Linux 4.4.299 #5033 SMP Fri Jan 21 04:16:35 +07 2022 armv7l
Previous/Reset: DD-WRT v3.0-r47911 std (12/23/21)/ Linux 4.4.294 #4787 SMP Thu Dec 23 04:40:01 +07 2021 armv7l / no reset
Mode/Status: AP at 1000Mhz
Usage LAN & WLAN router (DNSd, DHCPd, NATd, JFFS2,...), WiFi AP 3 bands OK, nothing else.
Up and running correctly.
Thanks a lot for the good and nice work done! _________________ Netgear R3700 R8000 Asus AC68 AC5300 AX11000
Firmware: v3.0-r48141 std (01/21/22)
Router/Version: Netgear R7000 Kernel: Linux 4.4.299 #5028 SMP Mon Jan 17 05:48:21 +07 2022 armv7l
Previous: v3.0-r48138 std (01/17/22)
Mode/Status: AP wired and wireless / Up and running for 45 hours
Reset: Soft boot before and after upgrade
Temperatures: CPU 53.6 °C / WL0 43.0 °C / WL1 48.4 °C
Issues/Errors: Nothing significant
Updated via webif. No 'nvram erase' this time, last one was in July 2018 (r36325).
Upload and Download speeds are to ISP spec (500/500 Mbps).
Current basic R7000 setup (subject to change of course):
- Static WAN IP
- Shortcut Forwarding Engine: CTF, Flow Acceleration: Disabled
- STP - Enabled
- IPv4 only, both WAN and LAN
- LAN DHCP Enabled
- Not currently forwarding any ports
- Wireless: AP, Regulatory Domain = CANADA, wl0 Mixed (ch. 6), wl1 AC/N-Mixed (ch. 36, VHT80), AES
- 1 wireless VLAN on wl0
- SNMP disabled, SSH enabled, Telnet disabled
- Firewall enabled, Log Level high
- Syslog: to local server. klogd: disabled.
- USB support - Off
- No custom scripts
- No: ttraf, Tor, VNC, Zabbix, VPN, Radius, OpenVPN
- No: UPnP, DMZ, QoS
- No: Samba, CIFS, JFFS2, miniDLNA, Entware, Optware _________________ Netgear R7000: v3.0-r51440 std (01/19/23)
EdgeRouter-X: EdgeOS v2.0.9-hotfix 6