Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:59 Post subject: New Build - 01/26/2022 - r48208
Welcome to Broadcom r48208 beta release thread for reporting, feedback to developers & community benefit.
Please do not flash builds until installation is understood, risks involved and device specificrecovery methods.
Avoid discussions, create threads for questions, general problems or use search; this thread is not for support.
Please list router model & revision, operating & wireless mode(s) and exact filename/firmware image flashed.
Issues, observations, and/or workarounds reported:
• WebUI: Clear history or use a portable. Temporary cache bypass: Ctrl+F5, Cmd+Shift+R or new private window/incognito.
• DNScrypt 1.95 can still be used in WebUIbut v2 (not compatible) requires Golang and thus Entware. See Trac ticket #6246.
• WDS does not work on Broadcom ARM devices (only MIPS<->MIPS) & bridge modes on k4.4 devices may sometimes work
in some configurations for certain builds but are not supported by the bcmdhd driver. Try client or repeater modes, but YMMV.
• VAPs not working at bootare fixed, both unbridged (r40634) and bridged (r47822). Please test, removestartup commands.
• If startup scripts do not work from USB add delay (wait script), sleep 25 or try Administration -> Commands -> Save USB.
• Broadcom ARM devices if 5 GHz channels are missingvia Telnet/SSH: 'nvram set brcm_unlock=1' 'nvram commit' 'reboot'.
• Please report findings with steps needed to reproduce, configuration, clients, output, logs and important information below!
• Detail issues & relevant configs. Logs: 'dmesg' 'cat /tmp/var/log/messages' syslog klog, serial, strace, tcpdump, wireshark.
• Any firewall NAT or WAN issues, show output: 'iptables -vnL' 'iptables -t nat -vnL' 'iptables -t mangle -vnL' and /tmp/.ipt file.
• Gremlins: reset & configure manually, not restore a backup. Reboot. Search Trac & discuss in forum before opening tickets.
• Include operating & wireless modes (e.g. Gateway, Router, AP, CB, WDS, Mesh) and applicable configurations to reproduce.
Joined: 18 Mar 2014 Posts: 12077 Location: Netherlands
Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 14:59 Post subject:
Router Model: Linksys EA6900 (XVortex CFE)
Firmware Version: DD-WRT v3.0-r48208M Community Build (01/26/22)
Kernel Version: Linux 4.4.299 #1 SMP Wed Jan 26 14:56:41 CET 2022 armv7l
Upgraded: DD-WRT v3.0-r48138M Community Build (01/17/22) via telnet (update via GUI not possible because nvram is placed on linux partition and not linux2 partition due to Xvortex CFE)
Reset: No, not this time
Configuration: AP, DHCP server, 2,4GHz wireless running, 5GHz running, VAP, some static leases and some port range forwarding.
WireGuard client with source and destination routing.
OpenVPN client with PBR.
NVRAM size 44K (NVRAM size should not be a problem with the Xvortex CFE)
Status: Up and stable for 4 hours,
Errors: none so far
Firmware: v3.0-r48208 std (01/26/22)
Router/Version: Netgear R7000 Kernel: Linux 4.4.299 #5068 SMP Wed Jan 26 04:29:13 +07 2022 armv7l
Previous: v3.0-r48141 std (01/21/22)
Mode/Status: AP wired and wireless / Up and running for 28 hours
Reset: Soft boot before and after upgrade
Temperatures: CPU 56.4 °C / WL0 44.3 °C / WL1 49.6 °C
Issues/Errors: Nothing significant
Updated via webif. No 'nvram erase' this time, last one was in July 2018 (r36325).
Upload and Download speeds are to ISP spec (500/500 Mbps).
Current basic R7000 setup (subject to change of course):
- Static WAN IP
- Shortcut Forwarding Engine: CTF, Flow Acceleration: Disabled
- STP - Enabled
- IPv4 only, both WAN and LAN
- LAN DHCP Enabled
- Not currently forwarding any ports
- Wireless: AP, Regulatory Domain = CANADA, wl0 Mixed (ch. 6), wl1 AC/N-Mixed (ch. 36, VHT80), AES
- 1 wireless VLAN on wl0
- SNMP disabled, SSH enabled, Telnet disabled
- Firewall enabled, Log Level high
- Syslog: to local server. klogd: disabled.
- USB support - Off
- No custom scripts
- No: ttraf, Tor, VNC, Zabbix, VPN, Radius, OpenVPN
- No: UPnP, DMZ, QoS
- No: Samba, CIFS, JFFS2, miniDLNA, Entware, Optware _________________ Netgear R7000: v3.0-r53544 std (09/28/23)
EdgeRouter-X: EdgeOS v2.0.9-hotfix 7
Netgear R6700 v3 – Client Bridge
Firmware Version: DD-WRT v3.0-r48208 std (01/26/22)
Kernel Version: Linux 4.4.299 #5068 SMP Wed Jan 26 04:29:13 +07 2022 armv7l
Temperatures: CPU 65.8 °C / WL1 53.1 °C
Current Time: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 17:10:59
GUI install over 48141
Thank you BS and thanks you gurus for your guides and wisdom _________________ Netgear XR500 - Gateway
R6700 v3 - Station Bridge