New Build - 01/21/2022 - r48141

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 13:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
gospeedgo wrote:
I connected another HD, formatted in ext4, enabled jffs from the admin panel and now it works perfectly.
MLandi wrote:
I have a /jffs partition on a USB stick working on my R9000. I use it to store the dnsmasq.leases file. It works.

I am 100% positive both of you need to read all three replies on page 1 from egc in their entirety.
Sponsor
SurprisedItWorks
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2022 15:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Updated five WRT1900ACSv2 routers from 46816 to 48141 via CLI with no reset and without incident over the past few days to two weeks, depending on the router, but with overnight reboots. Once I selected source PBR for wireguard and OpenVPN, everything (see sig) worked fine. I test and wade through logs pretty thoroughly.

Last night my ISP was down (per its modem lights), and I powered off my main router overnight. This morning it spontaneously reset to defaults on power-up boot. I have probably a dozen router-years of experience with this model, across 13 builds, and the only time I've had a spontaneous reset before was when one router got too hot, before I added a fan. The reset router has 48141 in partition 2, with 46816 still in partition 1.

Nothing is new in my setup with this build, but FWIW, this is the first build for which I've had a config that pushes nvram usage past the 64KiB that was, until sometime last year, listed on the status page as the maximum. My config is not larger, but apparently (I forgot to check) the default usage is. More nvram vars in the default config now I assume. Anyway, I am currently at 67173 bytes, so way below the 128KiB currently shown as the maximum.

Of course the standard wisdom is to reset and config from scratch. I did it for 46816, but it was weeks of work with all these routers with complex configs, especially because most of the routers are > 2500 mi from here and accessed using VPN port forwarding. So reconfiguring from scratch is truly a last resort for me.

2x Netgear XR500 and 3x Linksys WRT1900ACSv2 on 53544: VLANs, VAPs, NAS, station mode, OpenVPN client (AirVPN), wireguard server (AirVPN port forward) and clients (AzireVPN, AirVPN, private), 3 DNSCrypt providers via VPN.
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: