Help with commands / programming

SebastianKrauser
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:22    Post subject: Help with commands / programming Reply with quote
Hi, I have in my office a router who provides internet for the guests using the mac address as a filtering, giving 1 hour everytime the user accepts the agreement, the problem is that the agreement page sometimes doesn’t show on cellphones, only on computers.
i have an Asus rt-ac66u with ddwrt working flawlessly, which I connected to this system using the following command to generate random mac addresses every time it restarts:
v#!/bin/ash
MAC=`(date; cat /proc/interrupts) | md5sum | sed -r 's/^(.{10}).*$/\1/; s/([0-9a-f]{2})/\1:/g; s/:$//;'`
echo "00:${MAC}"
ifconfig eth1 hw ether 00:${MAC}
nvram set def_hwaddr="00:${MAC}"
nvram set wan_hwaddr="00:${MAC}"
stopservice wan
startservice wan
But I’m still having the problem of the loging screen to accept the agreement, I read around here that something could be programmed on the router to do the job automatically (check attached pic)
Any help would me highly appreciated
Thanks for reading !
Sponsor
eibgrad
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 20:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
I seem to recall this being done in the past, the way past, by some users, but I can't find any useful posts beyond the following.

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=142270

Seems to me this would be rather complicated and tedious to support since every captive portal is different, requiring custom scripts. And there certainly isn't anything like this currently in the router.

Everyone I know w/ this problem does the same thing; they use their PC/laptop/smartphone to get connected, then clone the PC's MAC to the router. I know it's NOT particularly convenient, but it does work.

Fact is, these captive portals have always been a major headache for road warriors. What an awful piece of technology.

ddwrt-ovpn-split-basic.sh (UPDATED!) * ddwrt-ovpn-split-advanced.sh (UPDATED!) * ddwrt-ovpn-client-killswitch.sh * ddwrt-ovpn-client-watchdog.sh * ddwrt-ovpn-remote-access.sh * ddwrt-ovpn-client-backup.sh * ddwrt-mount-usb-drives.sh * ddwrt-blacklist-domains.sh * ddwrt-wol-port-forward.sh * ddwrt-dns-monitor.sh (NEW!)
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 21:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
There is also this thread (now locked) from the General forum references sticky: https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=304147
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: