Join multiple WRT's on same subnet + split VAP' between IPs?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
veekay
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:55    Post subject: Join multiple WRT's on same subnet + split VAP' between IPs? Reply with quote
Not sure if this belongs here or in advanced networking. Most things don't seem to relate to Marvell, so posting here first.

Here is what I'm trying to do.

WRT3200 is the main router. I then have 3 other WRT1900 models connected wired in different locations. All are currently running 47911.

Main network runs on 192.168.0.1 and each router has a VAP setup called Smart that runs in the 192.168.2.x range. I would like all of the routers to use the same range, but also have all devices talk to each other as if on the same network (Net isolation, but not AP).

I can do this easily with one router and setting a static route on the main router, but not sure how or if this can be done the way I'm thinking.

Here is what I'm aiming for

Router 1 VAP 192.168.2.1-50
Router 2 VAP 192.168.2.51-100
Router 3 VAP 192.168.2.101-150
Router 4 VAP 192.168.2.151-200

All should be able to communicate with each other as if they were on the same network, even though they are split between 4 devices. I'll use iptables so that I can also reach all of these from the private network side one-way.

I saw something about L2Mesh when creating the VAP, but unsure if that would apply to this.

When I first started this I thought I could just make 4 static routes, but the options I'm given for "Destination LAN NET" don't make sense to me since they require a / and the only one I have used is /24.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: