RFE validate dhcp address range

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
jlquinn
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 18:59    Post subject: RFE validate dhcp address range Reply with quote
Hi all. I think this is a generic issue, but I wasn't sure of the best forum to post it.

I struggled at first to get a new netgear XR500 stable (hence posting here). I was having DNS resolution weirdness. I eventually tracked it down to bad parameters for the DHCP address range.

I had put in 192.168.1.110 as the start and 190 as the range (copied from my old router). I had changed the start address but forgotten to update the range to be within the class C limit. I figured it out by telnetting into the router and enabling logs. I knew enough to be able to debug the issue and resolve it.

My feature request is to validate the start and range parameters before writing them. That might save someone else frustration and confusion down the road.

Thanks!
Sponsor
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
https://www.subnet-calculator.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: