Cisco/Linksys EA2700 Boot Problem...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
s-a-g-b
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 0:10    Post subject: Cisco/Linksys EA2700 Boot Problem... Reply with quote
Hi, I have a Cisco EA2700 that someone abandoned because it had a dead power supply. When I started it up during the boot process the green light would come on, then off, then blink. The manufacturer web site says green blinking means that there is a firmware error. I could not access the web interface at 192.168.1.1. I tried reset, and factory reset - same result. I downloaded the most recent firmware from Linksys and followed instructions for flashing using a direct connection to one of the ethernet ports. It said it flashed successfully, but on restarting, it still had the blink error and I still could not access the web interface. I flashed it again with a dd-wrt firmware, and again I got the same result.
I decided to try copying the firmware chip to a new chip (exact same model and type) and replace the chip, thinking that if it was a bad segment on the chip, maybe I could get it to flash with the new chip and fix it. I used an external burner to copy the chip. This time, no light at all, no interface access. I checked power to the chip, and both VCC connections are powered.
Is there any way that I can get a new boot loader for the firmware chip? Has anyone had any experience with this model or have any suggestions? I still have the backup image. Is it repairable in a HEX editor?
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: