CIFS Automount R7000 R47911

Mr R Design
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:47    Post subject: CIFS Automount R7000 R47911 Reply with quote
Can't get it to work, just shows as 'not mounted'

I have a pvr (SMB1 and not upgradeable) which I can set up as a mapped drive to my W10 laptop however if the pvr is left in standby overnight and the laptop turned off the mapped drive is not accessible next day. There are no problems if I set the map up, power things off/on and reboot willy-nilly same day, it only occurs after an extended period of power off.

My logic is to try and set the pvr up through CIFS and then map the DD-WRT share as a network drive and see if it makes any difference.

The path I type in Windows is \\192.168.1.50\Media and I do not enter any user names or passwords.

What do I need to enter in the CIFS Automount fields within the Admin/Management tab please? (I've tried various combinations and reboots but no joy).

P.S. doesn't have to be CIFS if there is a different way to do it (the pvr talks to the R7000 via WiFi and the R7000 is setup as an RB).
Sponsor
yoyoma2
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Perhaps the info in this closed ticket could help you debug this. I've only tested with shares that have a username/password. At least if dd-wrt loses the mount this workaround can restore it with sambafs.startup.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: