wrt3200acm lan ports in switch config reversed from hardware

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
ts55dlx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 17:54    Post subject: wrt3200acm lan ports in switch config reversed from hardware Reply with quote
Hi, Ive been using ddwrt on this router for about a year now. I bought it mainly to use the vpn client service which works great. I have started studying network isolation and vlan setup. I am currently running the 12-27-21 build

So my first question is, in switch config my lan ports are revered from actual hardware IE lan port 1 on the router is lan port 4 in switch config 2 is 3 and so on. Im not sure if this is even a problem.

Im asking because i tried changing my port 4 to a different vlan, created a bridge, assigned the bridge (all appeared to work) and created a second dhcp server with different ip for the vlan. The router connects via that port to my pc (windows 10 pro) but the router does not assign an address so windows assigns a 169.... ip. I followed a youtube video on doing this it seamed very detailed so either im missing something or these switched ports are involved

Thanks for your thoughts
Sponsor
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 18:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
It is a cosmetic issue that may never be fixed. Also, to do vlans on Marvell, you must use swconfig, as using the webUI to change anything on the switch config page likely will not work.

Announcement: Marvell forum FAQ – README

Sticky: How to VLAN tag WAN traffic for ISP on WRT1900AC v1 - SOLVED

Sticky: VLAN success on WRT1900ACSv2, WRT3200ACM, et al.

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: