New Build - 12/30/2021 - r47942

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:40    Post subject: New Build - 12/30/2021 - r47942 Reply with quote
Welcome to Marvell r47942 beta release thread for reporting, feedback to developers and community benefit.
Please do not flash builds until installation is understood, risks involved and device specific recovery methods.
Avoid discussions, create threads for questions, general problems or use search; this thread is not for support.
Please list router model & revision, operating & wireless mode(s) and exact filename/firmware image flashed.

Downloads: HTTPS, FTP

CLI Flash: 'cd /tmp' then 'wget {file URL}' (http only) or 'curl -O {file URL}' (http, https, ftp). 'write {file} linux' then 'reboot'.

Trac SVN: repository since last build r47925 (mirror)

OpenVPN 2.5.5: Changelog, Guides, Server, PBR, DNS, Kill Switch, Watchdog, Reverse PBR, Client, Multiple, tips & scripts.
WireGuard 1.0.20211208/Tools: Changelog, Guides, Client, Server, Advanced, PBR, KS, tips and scripts. Thanks BS & egc!

Notes:
• WRT1200AC, WRT1200AC V2, WRT1900AC, WRT1900AC V2, WRT1900ACS, WRT1900ACS V2, WRT3200ACM and WRT32X.
MiniDLNA, CoovaChilli, Privoxy, iperf3, CAKE, FreeRADIUS, dnsmasq, Unbound, Tor, Squid, Asterisk, OpenSSL, BusyBox, SmartDNS, curl, ProFTPD, mac80211
In-kernel Samba (ksmbd 3.4.2+++) guest behavior now selectable. • WSD updateANTFS/NTFS3 kernel mode driver+++
CVE-2020-26147, CVE-2020-24586, CVE-2020-24587 & CVE-2020-24588 fragattack fixed.
• 'Assign WAN port to Switch' gone, set Connection Type Disabled. • WebUI MAC Filtering (47184-47205). • Sputnik removed.
• 'Ignore WAN DNS' also ignores WAN domain. • Milkfish removed.
New DD-WRT inspired themes conversion by the-joker & BrainSlayer, micro builds excluded, see UI theme test info thread.
• 401 bad request: Ethernet WebUI -> Wireless -> Basic Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Wireless GUI Access Enable, Save

Issues, observations, and/or workarounds reported:
WebUI: Clear history or use a portable. Temporary cache bypass: Ctrl+F5, Cmd+Shift+R or new private window/incognito.
Please report findings with steps needed to reproduce, configuration, clients, output, logs and important information below!

Important:
• For issues provide applicable info: 'dmesg' 'cat /tmp/var/log/messages', syslog klog, serial, strace, tcpdump, wireshark etc.
• Any firewall NAT or WAN issues, show output: 'iptables -vnL' 'iptables -t nat -vnL' 'iptables -t mangle -vnL' and /tmp/.ipt file.
• Gremlins: reset & configure manually, not restore a backup. Reboot. Search Trac & discuss in forum before opening tickets.
• Please include operating & wireless modes (e.g. Gateway, Router, AP, CB, WDS, Mesh) & relevant configuration information.

Example Template:
Code:
[b]Router/Version: [/b]
[b]File/Kernel: [/b]
[b]Previous/Reset: [/b]
[b]Mode/Status: [/b]
[b]Issues/Errors: [/b]
Sponsor
dpp3530
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router/Version: WRT1900AC v1
File/Kernel: DD-WRT v3.0-r47942 std (12/30/21)
Previous/Reset: r47925 no reset
Mode/Status: Gateway, OpenVPN server, Wireguard Server, IPV6 via Hurricane, DOH using HTTPS-DNS-Proxy
Issues/Errors: Seems to be working well. I haven't seen much difference on the last 3 or 4 builds.

Thanks to the developers for a firmware that's more functional than stock and stable enough for everyday use. Happy 2022.

Linksys WRT1900AC
DD-WRT v3.0 STD
TedCheeze
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 14:01    Post subject: Very odd behavior for 'Active Clients' status list Reply with quote
Router/Version: WRT1900AC v1
File/Kernel: DD-WRT v3.0-r47942 std
Previous/Reset: DD-WRT v3.0-r44467 std / YES
Mode/Status: Gateway, Three VAPs, DNSMasq, enabled custome SSL certificate using binds-on-mount.sh, 23 ipTable rules dropping outbound packets to specific IP addresses, external HDD via eSATA & JFFS mounted to 4GB USB drive.
Issues/Errors: No errors, just strange behavior.

On the LAN tab of the STATUS page under 'ACTIVE CLIENTS' once a client device is connected a IP address shows in the list next to the devices MAC. (Nothing wrong there.)

1) I have been noticing the active client list is getting extremely long. Within the list I am finding devices that are no longer connected (not active) are still listed as "Active." (This could prove problematic.) Four devices have been disconnected for several days, but are still showing as actively connected. (OKay, that's a problem if the # of IPs reaches 253 on /24 network.) The devices are not showing up in the DHCP Client list which means the 60 minute DHCP lease has expired. Power cycled the router. Active Client list is still populated with devices that are not connected, wired or wireless. So far only way to purge the ACTIVE CLIENTs is use of 'Restore Factory Defaults.'

2) Similarly related problem in the same ACTIVE CLIENTS section. For some reason several clients have multiple IP addresses assigned from the same DHCP range. One client shows six(6) different IPs. (See RED highlight in Screen shot below)
I found this when I added a new device then added a static address after a dynamic one was already assigned. (Yellow highlight in screen shot.) After several power cycles the still shows multiple IPs. So to duplicate the issue I deliberately set the IP address on the device manually several times. This is how it ended up with six(6) IPs. Again the only why I have found to clear these active IP addresses is to perform factory reset.

Note: I found this also applies to the remote device that is the 'Default Gateway' showing as connected to ETH1 instead of br0. I power cycled my ONT three times and ended up with four different IPs showing for the default Gateway. This broke the WAN connection. Had to Factory Reset to correct this.

Further trouble shooting steps.
I went back to the download page and downloaded another copy of r47942 then compared checksums of both files. They had matching checksums. I switched partitions where I have the OEM Linksys firmware installed and installed the 'Factory-to-ddwrt.bin file for r47942. Waited 90+ minutes(I got distracted). Then used ubootenv command to change the partition setting before installing 'ddwrt-linksys-wrt1900ac-webflash.bin' for r47942. The only setting I changed after reinstall was the router password, all other setting were at their defaults. Still found the same issue of devices remaining in the Active Devices list persistently.

Otherwise I had this version running since Jan 3rd before I noticed the issues on the 10th. There were no errors or connectivity issues with the exception of multiple gateways being recognized that I deliberately caused. However that problem could've occurred much sooner if I received a new dynamic public IP quicker than 17-30 days.

Is there anything I could try to further identify this issue? Have I completely missed something really obvious?
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 18:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hard reset or CTRL+F5 (or clear your browser cache). If neither of those fix it, let us know. This may be an issue that has been fixed since this release as well ...
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
TedCheeze
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 13:17    Post subject: Thank you. Reply with quote
Thank you for the reply.
I tried different browsers, even though there are multiple posts saying not to. However, I found the same issue was present in all of them.

Curiosity got the better of me so I tried R48081 earlier tonight. My issue disappeared just as you suggested.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: