a stable version for tplink 740n v4.27 for client brige

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
nanvanu1
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:25    Post subject: a stable version for tplink 740n v4.27 for client brige Reply with quote
I want the stable version just for repeater.which use less cpu,ram,stable.it may be a old version in 2013 2014 2015 2016. Laughing
Sponsor
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Pay no attention to the announcements or stickies, whatsoever. Rolling Eyes

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=321284

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
nanvanu1
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:

I think this is a too new version.it use many cpu and ram
nanvanu1
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:

i find a version which use less cpu and ram.it is 28493.but ntp is unavaiable
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 15:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, the most recent release (presently 47528) has more memleaks and other things patched and fixed. I don't know why people seem to think that it uses more resources or any such nonsense. And we have no idea what you mean that NTP is unavailable as we don't know exactly what configuration(s) you have done on the device.
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
nanvanu1
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
Well, the most recent release (presently 47528) has more memleaks and other things patched and fixed. I don't know why people seem to think that it uses more resources or any such nonsense. And we have no idea what you mean that NTP is unavailable as we don't know exactly what configuration(s) you have done on the device.

i set ack timming for 900 to 1350 and ntp available and fast
Modwort
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 14:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
I own a Tp-Link 740N v4.20, and already went through a similar ordeal when I demoted this little guy to a repeater role.
I read the sticky mentioned above, and settled for build 37961. No particular reason why I chose that one over the other ones suggested there (maybe the other ones work as well), I just preferred the oldest one, which was closest to my last stable working version.
I can confirm rock solid performance as a repeater (specifically Client Bridge mode) with the 37961 build. Right now it shows an uptime of over 33 days, but only because it reboots when there are glitches with the electricity supply, it has been working for several months now.
I have wired devices connected to the 740N, also wireless devices connected through a VAP (VAP name different to the main router WiFi, as I prefer it that way), and DHCP is being held at main router. It DID take me a lot of blindly playing with the settings till I finally got it all working the way I wanted, but it was possible.
I do suggest you to clear all settings, and configure it from scratch.

EDIT: One clarification, because I noticed there are simultaneous posts all over the place regarding the problem with the 740N. When I mentioned "similar ordeal", I was referring to getting a stable version for working specifically as a Client Bridge. I NEVER had an issue with NTP, regardless of which version I used. Had a lot of headaches tinkering with the settings, but not once with NTP.
nanvanu1
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Modwort wrote:
I own a Tp-Link 740N v4.20, and already went through a similar ordeal when I demoted this little guy to a repeater role.
I read the sticky mentioned above, and settled for build 37961. No particular reason why I chose that one over the other ones suggested there (maybe the other ones work as well), I just preferred the oldest one, which was closest to my last stable working version.
I can confirm rock solid performance as a repeater (specifically Client Bridge mode) with the 37961 build. Right now it shows an uptime of over 33 days, but only because it reboots when there are glitches with the electricity supply, it has been working for several months now.
I have wired devices connected to the 740N, also wireless devices connected through a VAP (VAP name different to the main router WiFi, as I prefer it that way), and DHCP is being held at main router. It DID take me a lot of blindly playing with the settings till I finally got it all working the way I wanted, but it was possible.

EDIT: One clarification, because I noticed there are simultaneous posts all over the place regarding the problem with the 740N. When I mentioned "similar ordeal", I was referring to getting a stable version for working specifically as a Client Bridge. I NEVER had an issue with NTP, regardless of which version I used. Had a lot of headaches tinkering with the settings, but not once with NTP.

i thinks r28493 it is the best version for repeater.you get speed test vs domain:fast.com of upload and check status of router.do it can hanged.i check log and see a deamon stopped and dowload the same
Modwort
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 18:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don´t even touch builds from before the KRACK vulnerability.
nanvanu1
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Modwort wrote:

How did you set it up for maximum performance?
can you share it?
nanvanu1
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
i'm on 37961, this build is late 2018 i feel it's much better than my 2015 , i wonder if i should upgrade to higher stable version recommended in firmware thread for low memory
nanvanu1
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
i am using 37961 and stable
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: