Linksys WRT3200ACM & DD-WRT r47822 - WIFI SSID Not Shown

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
HISHAM
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 23:04    Post subject: Linksys WRT3200ACM & DD-WRT r47822 - WIFI SSID Not Shown Reply with quote
Greetings everyone!

My setup is Linksys WRT3200ACM using DD-WRT r47822 and tried 5 previous releases with the same issue which is not showing the SSID WIFI signals.

I've used many laptops & mobiles and the router's SSID WIFI does not show up.

Your utmost support is critically needed and much appreciated to solve this issue of the WIFI SSID, please?
Sponsor
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Did you configure wireless channels, wlan0 and wlan1? Or, wait for auto channel to finish (not recommended).
egc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Welcome to the forum

Unfortunately you were posting in the wrong forum.
The General questions forum is not for asking for router help see the announcements in that forum.

See the forum guidelines with helpful pointers about how to research your router, where and what firmware to download, where and how to post and many other helpful tips:
https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324087

No problem as I will transfer this thread for you to the appropriate forum.

Forum Guide Lines (important read):https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324087
HISHAM
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
blkt wrote:
Did you configure wireless channels, wlan0 and wlan1? Or, wait for auto channel to finish (not recommended).

I tried them both, auto and manual.
Still, cannot show up Wireless SSID using more than 1 device.
Please, help?
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 13:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wireless SSID Broadcast is set to enable by default, so without any configuration details all I can say is to start over.

Only use newest available build or at very least one from this month. Hardware reset is hold reset button 10 seconds.

An alternative reset is Telnet/SSH as root, nvram erase && reboot. WebGUI: user/pass/pass. Select time zone, Save.

Wireless Advanced Settings checkbox (primary interface) Regulatory Domain, Save then Reboot.

Wireless Security: Set WPA Shared Keys (passwords), Save. Wireless Basic Settings: Set SSIDs, Save.

Channel Width, save, Extension Channel, save, Wireless Channel Never Auto, Save then Reboot.

How to set Channels, Basic Wireless Settings, Tutorials, Services WAN Traffic Counter ttraff Daemon disable optional.
HISHAM
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 15:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
blkt wrote:
Wireless SSID Broadcast is set to enable by default, so without any configuration details all I can say is to start over.

Only use newest available build or at very least one from this month. Hardware reset is hold reset button 10 seconds.

An alternative reset is Telnet/SSH as root, nvram erase && reboot. WebGUI: user/pass/pass. Select time zone, Save.

Wireless Advanced Settings checkbox (primary interface) Regulatory Domain, Save then Reboot.

Wireless Security: Set WPA Shared Keys (passwords), Save. Wireless Basic Settings: Set SSIDs, Save.

Channel Width, save, Extension Channel, save, Wireless Channel Never Auto, Save then Reboot.

How to set Channels, Basic Wireless Settings, Tutorials, Services WAN Traffic Counter ttraff Daemon disable optional.

I'm using the latest build.
I've to use WPA2 instead of WPA due to security reasons and I'm using WRT3200ACM to receive the internet wirelessly from the Modem using 2.4Ghz for a better distance and signal which reaches around 70%.
I've used 5Ghz but, It couldn't get the WAN IP from the modem no matter what attempts I do, which is why I'm focusing on 2.5Ghz Wlan1.

Wlan0 and Wlan2 cannot be shown to any devices and I've used many settings including yours, but unfortunately still have not shown the WIFI SSIDs to the devices.

Much appreciated your support and patience. Waiting for your guidance and recommendations as well as from others
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 15:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
WPA2 Personal and CCMP-128 (AES) are the default boxes checked. Wireless Network Mode wlan2 Disabled,

only meant for DFS radar detection, has no external antennas so please do not use wlan2 or expect stability.

Be sure to set the correct Regulatory Domain etc. https://forum.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linking_Routers
HISHAM
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 16:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
blkt wrote:
WPA2 Personal and CCMP-128 (AES) are the default boxes checked. Wireless Network Mode wlan2 Disabled,

only meant for DFS radar detection, has no external antennas so please do not use wlan2 or expect stability.

Be sure to set the correct Regulatory Domain etc. https://forum.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linking_Routers

The default boxes are unchecked on all the WPA wireless security.
wlan 2 is disabled.
Checked the links and already configured them and the WIFI SSID is still not shown.
I noticed when my friend just come to my house, one of the wireless networks are shown as hidden.
The settings already show that the Wireless SSID is on and I don't know why it shows as a hidden network at my friend's new laptop.
Maybe it shows the neighbor's hidden network or mine with the current settings. I don't know.

Any guidance, would be much appreciated, please?
Graham88
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
I'm using WRT3200ACM to receive the internet wirelessly from the Modem using 2.4Ghz for a better distance

I can't help thinking this is the start of your problem. Using AP Wireless Mode and the settings already given by other posters absolutely reliably shows your SSID's. Unfortunately, I can't help with your need to connect your WRT3200ACM to your modem wirelessly and also as a wireless access point, but hopefully someone with more expertise can give you some assistance.
bushant
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 14:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
I can't help but agree with Graham88.
What guide was used for your setup?

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linking_Routers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: