[E1200v2] all lights always on: is it bricked?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
MatteoDubai
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:28    Post subject: [E1200v2] all lights always on: is it bricked? Reply with quote
Hello

Yesterday I was setting up an openVPN server on the E1200 of a friend and after a reboot all lights from ETH and WAN are always on.

I tried to reboot it, a 30/30/30, remove plug, but the router is not reachable/pingable and all lights are always on since the moment in which the router is turned on (they stay on forever).

Is it bricked? Can I restore it without serial? I can't find anything for lights that are always on without blinking.

Thank you.
Sponsor
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 14:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
One of two things, depending on which version of DD-WRT you flashed. Either it's the LAN ports issue bug or you need to recover via management mode and start over.

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_E1200v2

https://www.linksys.com/us/support-article?articleNum=140001

We have no idea what version of DD-WRT you flashed.

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
MatteoDubai
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have updated to the latest version available, rebooted without problem and I used for more than 2 hours, all was perfect.

The issue appeared when I set the VPN server, saved and rebooted. At that time it stopped working.
apacado
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 14:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
MatteoDubai wrote:
I have updated to the latest version available, rebooted without problem and I used for more than 2 hours, all was perfect.

The issue appeared when I set the VPN server, saved and rebooted. At that time it stopped working.

My wrt160n had the same issue, all lights on as soon as it's turned on, I didn't find a way to revert to normal, that happened to me after doing a 30/30/30.
So I bought a e1200v2

cuac!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: