WiFi 2,4Ghz stop working after few days (asus rt-ac88U)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Drakal
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 15:32    Post subject: WiFi 2,4Ghz stop working after few days (asus rt-ac88U) Reply with quote
Hi, sorry if my english is not on point, i do my best !

I'm using DD-WRT v3.0-r45229 std (01/01/21) on an asus rt-ac88U, but i treid many builds (and i can't use the newer ones because my configuration is not compatible with them)

After few days, 4 to 6 typically, my 2.4Ghz network just stop working. i can't connect to my devices on the 2.4Ghz and i have to reboot the router. If i change an option in the administration tab and save, the WiFi goes back on too.

Here is my WiFi cconfiguration :

I tried a lot of things, use only 20Mhz, beamforming on/off etc... Nothing change the outcome.

Advanced configuration :

When my 2.4Ghz isn't working, in the wireless status tab everything seems to be conneted, but i have a ton of TX Errors and they keep going up until the reboot.

Nothing special in my syslog? (drop at 16H14)

No issue on my 5Ghz. i even change my router so it is not an hardware issue. (change for the same model, just to excluse the hardware issue possibility)

If you have some ideas ...
Thanks à lot !
Sponsor
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 16:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
1) TurboQAM and NitroQAM do not apply to the 2.4 band, whatsoever (even though they are both native Broadcom and not Atheros as some people have been led to believe, apparently).

2) Read the wiki

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Basic_Wireless_Settings
https://forum.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Advanced_wireless_settings

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
the-joker
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 16:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
@Drakal Welcome to the forums

Quote:
I'm using DD-WRT v3.0-r45229 std (01/01/21) on an asus rt-ac88U, but i treid many builds (and i can't use the newer ones because my configuration is not compatible with them)

Bad idea, I for one dont want to spend my free time trying to troubleshoot obsolete/unsupported builds.

My advice is upgrade to a current build.
Personally I prefer a txt human readable nvram backup for reference

Note: substitute version with the current FW version or whatever suits your reference schema better.
Code:
nvram show > /tmp/nvram-backup-version.txt
then just SCP/SFTP/FTP the file to your desktop or preferred backup location which then can be used to manually reprogram nvram as a reference.

Don't try to restore the text file in one go, it has to one value at the time.

Just to eliminate the possibility of nvram gremlins, clear the nvram from the old FW and dont restore some old nvram backup to your new version, take the backup above as reference and start redoing it.

Then if issues still unsolved its a different fish then.

https://ftp.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2021/ at time of writing the recent build is r47695

Take care Wink

DD-WRT Inspired themes for the SVN Trac & FTP site
Join in for a chat @ #style_it_themes_public:matrix.org or #style_it_themes:discord

DD-WRT UI Themes Bug Reporting and Discussion thread

Router: ANus RT-AC68U E1 (recognized as C1)
Drakal
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 16:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply,

I'm using some scripts and specifics configurations and they just don't work with newest builds, the last "compatible" build is R46446, after this one i just can't get my configurations to work and get a WAN connection.

I'm using this (sorry it's in french https://lafibre.info/remplacer-livebox/tuto-remplacer-la-livebox-par-un-routeur-dd-wrt-internet-tv/?PHPSESSID=60o7jgi94gps4cto6gmn49cu2j ) to get a WAN connection from my ISP Orange in France
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 16:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
It looks as if the migration to swconfig is being discussed later in that thread towards the end (of 30+ pages). Might help to check there. There are also other threads regarding VLANs and VLAN tagging related to swconfig elsewhere in the forum (Marvell, Atheros, Ralink) that are all pretty much alike in information.
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: