Stumped with TPLINK wr710n

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
r0ckst4r
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 13:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
I’ve been busy these days and today I was able to actually look some into it; while surfing online I found a detailed pdf written in Chinese that contains part numbers, explanations and the entire process of upgrading the memories.

Lo and behold, I was indeed wrong; the 64 and 16 from my original post were right, however I never took into account the fact that they are Mbits and not Mbytes. So in reality I have a 2MB flash and 8MB ram. Garbage indeed BUT since this has been a free unit I’ve decided to go ahead and buy an SMD soldering and reworking station and the new memories. In total I’ve only paid the equivalent to $20 USD for all of it; soldering and de-soldering is nothing new to me so it should be fun.

I’ll deal with the firmware when it comes to it, it seems like some Chinese ones are updated regularly…
Sponsor
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: