Linksys WRT3200ACM Not saving date and time

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Broxi55
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 16:41    Post subject: Linksys WRT3200ACM Not saving date and time Reply with quote
Hi,

I was stupid and decided my old 2018 dd-wrt firmware should be updated.

So I went to the latest Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r47618 std (11/05/21

now it will NOT connect to the internet, I went back through and put in my NORD VPN info anyway, then asked their support for help when I sent them the log file they told me the Issue was my Router Time and date.

This is the timestamp from my current log. 19700101 00:49:21

I have checked and ensured I do NOT have anything in the Server/IP Name. (See Attachment)

I have tried changing to every time zone in the list. also tried using the Google I.P in their for google time. 216.239.35.4

spent 4 hours yesterday and almost 8 today getting frustrated with it.

So I reverted to the latest Linksys Factory firmware, and like clockwork the router is back in action. and online.

Put the DDWRT firmware back in and back to the time issue.

Can someone help please?

even with no DNS or VPN info their is no internet on the dd-wrt firmware

Thanks
Sponsor
egc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 16:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you disable the VPN (your settings are retained) and reboot the router do you still not have the time set?
Forum Guide Lines (important read):https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324087
Broxi55
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 19:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
No. even disabling the VPN and re-Booting the router i get no time.

Same with factory resetting it with the dd-wrt firmware and nit using any VPN i get no time.

egc wrote:
If you disable the VPN (your settings are retained) and reboot the router do you still not have the time set?
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 19:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
A screenshot of the entire setup -> basic setup page as well as of the services page (particularly dnsmasq settings) and your additional dnsmasq config may help resolve this issue.

It seems you're using static dns server entries; are those your vpn dns servers? I think there is likely some configuration issues here since obviously the device cannot resolve the NTP servers either by hostname or IP address that is hard-coded. I am not seeing this issue, personally; although, I do get random NTP update failures.

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Monza
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 17:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've found going from Linksys > DD-WRT or updating from an old DD-WRT release to a new release can be helped by rebooting both the router AND the modem.

Some modems refuse to cooperate with a new router firmware unless rebooted themselves. Some don't seem to care.

Rebooting the modem/router is just another trouble shooting step that may help. =)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: