Reverting to stock firmware

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2
SurprisedItWorks
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 18:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah, it IS that simple.

If you have the Linksys firmware file on your computer already, go to the dd-wrt GUI upgrade page, select to reset the config after flashing (so that Linksys firmware won't be looking at a dd-wrt configuration), browse to the Linksys firmware file in your computer, and upgrade.

Some people swear they are more likely to succeed using certain browsers (esp not Chrome or Edge). I use firefox (FWIW) and have never had trouble with upgrades unless I rush to refresh the GUI window too soon afterward. Give it a few minutes to get its act together first.

2x Netgear XR500 and 3x Linksys WRT1900ACSv2 on 53544: VLANs, VAPs, NAS, station mode, OpenVPN client (AirVPN), wireguard server (AirVPN port forward) and clients (AzireVPN, AirVPN, private), 3 DNSCrypt providers via VPN.
Sponsor
Hounddog24
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 18:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
SurprisedItWorks wrote:
Yeah, it IS that simple.

If you have the Linksys firmware file on your computer already, go to the dd-wrt GUI upgrade page, select to reset the config after flashing (so that Linksys firmware won't be looking at a dd-wrt configuration), browse to the Linksys firmware file in your computer, and upgrade.

Some people swear they are more likely to succeed using certain browsers (esp not Chrome or Edge). I use firefox (FWIW) and have never had trouble with upgrades unless I rush to refresh the GUI window too soon afterward. Give it a few minutes to get its act together first.

Oh, okay. I can do that.
Hounddog24
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 19:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, it was that simple. I am back to my stock firmware. Thank you to all who replied and the numerous other post here that helped me get through this without making a brick.

I appreciate it.

Ricky
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: