DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 20:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Laughing Mr. Green
Sponsor
dale_gribble39
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 21:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
the-joker wrote:
My patch would have worked fine for 99% of users, except for really edge cases where users may import configs from other routers or manually set rc_usb variables via CLI.

Not when both client devices shown use this or similar default nvram variable:

https://svn.dd-wrt.com/browser/opt/etc/config/base.nvramconfig#L76

Of course, the TL-WA901NDv2 probably needs a hard reset as it may have a carryover nvram variable from older firmware versions, but on current version, it resets that rc_usb= nvram variable <wink>

the-joker wrote:
egc wrote:
Thank you @dale_gribble39 for your solution.

You mean thank you brainslayer for the solution.

Yes, it was Mr. Gottschall's patch, not mine, nor anyone else's <lol> <eyeroll>

And miles to go before I sleep." - Robert Frost

"I am one of the noticeable ones - notice me" - Dale Frances McKenzie Bozzio

<fact>code knows no gender</fact>

This is me, knowing I've ruffled your feathers, and not giving a ****
Some people are still hard-headed.

--------------------------------------
Mac Pro (Mid 2012) - Two 2.4GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5645 processors 64GB 1333MHz DDR3 ECC SDRAM OpenSUSE Leap 15.5
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 15:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Cosmetic issue fixed in 50308. Missing "Save Custom" button issue that was not picked up on by anyone but me fixed in 50313. I re-visited the previous issue ignorant of the inability to use */ /* in html / asp vs. javascript, but I think that the cosmetic issue was tied to the javascript syntax issue for the "Save Custom" button in the footer of the page, but I could be mistaken. @egc, @the-j0ker: You both have more time to investigate than I do and converse with @BrainSlayer, but as stated in the 50313 thread and in my email conversation directly with him, as long as "Save USB" is functional on devices with (a) USB port(s), that is all that matters. Keep up the good work, everyone, and thank you for all that you do.
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
egc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 16:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
I will certainly have a look but at the moment busy with looking into WireGuard obfuscation.

WireGuard cannot pass the Great firewall (and also can be blocked by other firewalls).
But there are some obfuscation techniques similar as we use for OpenVPN which are going to be tested the next weeks and if it works will be added to WireGuard Smile

But indeed javascript has C style comments and html <-- -->.
However I think (and I am not 100% sure) that the strip/compress code also strips all lines starting with // from HTML pages so if a HTML line starts with it the whole line should also be stripped entirely although of course it is not good programming

Forum Guide Lines (important read):https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324087
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 17:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, the page involved is asp/html, and the original lines started and ended with <% tags:

https://svn.dd-wrt.com/changeset/50296
https://svn.dd-wrt.com/changeset/50297
https://svn.dd-wrt.com/changeset/50312

As you can see, using */ and /* in changeset 50312 fixed that issue with the Save Custom button being hidden/missing because, javascript. However, the other original code being encapsulated in html/asp, the double <!-- --> comment tags related to USB were improperly rendered, resulting in a cosmetic issue. Easiest way to confirm my suspicion is if you can compile a test image for a device with no USB port/support and test. Of course, my OCD says that the Save USB button should be *after* the Save Custom button because it is after Save Custom in *ALL* of the associated code elsewhere, and the Save USB feature is more recent than the Save Custom. It's not that big of a deal if the current code works, but it would be nice to confirm yea or nay if the issue fixed in 50312 was the underlying issue for rendering or if it were related to order of buttons or both. Of course, I just got a reply asking why I'm still discussing it, so, probably just leave it alone and not bother. I have it on a back burner myself, not a priority. So, disregard and don't poke the bear unless you really want to Twisted Evil Wink Cool

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
IONK
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Any plan to make the help sidebar sticky?
(may need to consider the behaviour when the viewport is shorter than the sidebar)

sticky help sidebar.gif
 Description:
sticky help sidebar
 Filesize:  1.76 MB
 Viewed:  1158 Time(s)

sticky help sidebar.gif

DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
@IONK no immediate plans, thanks for suggestion though Smile

Don't hold your breath Wink I have stuff to work through that is more important to me.
It's now on todo list.

DD-WRT Inspired themes for the SVN Trac & FTP site
Join in for a chat @ #style_it_themes_public:matrix.org or #style_it_themes:discord

DD-WRT UI Themes Bug Reporting and Discussion thread

Router: ANus RT-AC68U E1 (recognized as C1)
IONK
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
the-joker wrote:
...the enable/disable button would work for both or permanently sticky...
I'll come here to nag again if there's only one toggle button for both sticky footer and sticky sidebar.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
You can nag, I may not listen Smile Most importantly, the more options you try to add the chances BS will shoot it down.

Problem is if I make it permanent you will have the other users to contend with. the only way to please everyone is to make it optional and one toggle would work fine for both with minor label change.

Who reads help anything really?

Join in for a chat @ #style_it_themes_public:matrix.org or #style_it_themes:discord

IONK
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 13:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
the-joker wrote:
Most importantly, the more options you try to add the chances BS will shoot it down.
How about the same nvram variable sticky_footer, but 0 for disable all, 1 for sticky footer only, 2 for sticky sidebar only, and 3 for both sticky footer and sticky sidebar? The toggle button needs to be changed to drop-down list.

the-joker wrote:
Who reads help anything really?
I see that the help text is updated now and then, so I guess there's no plan to kill the help sidebar yet. I guess you've already got the framework for the sticky footer, so I think it's good to make the help sidebar sticky also, because I think the sticky help sidebar is more useful (at least for new users) and it doesn't take up any vertical space as the sticky footer.

But for extreme minimalists:
mrjcd wrote:
...then again, dare I say, who needs silly webif anyways Twisted Evil
the-joker wrote:
Yea you're right! Who needs a webif? Lets rip it out and go commando lino only-o

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 16:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
@IONK

Ive implemented optional sticky help side menu on my standalone DD-WRT Inspired themes, availability NOW! version 6.1.2 link on my signature. Take it or leave it. It's disabled by default. To enable it once style is installed into stylus, the stylus Icon select the gear icon to access style options.

dale_gribble39
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 15:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
On 50474, kromo UI style logout button not readily visible:

Screenshot 2022-10-11 095202.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  89.81 KB
 Viewed:  1038 Time(s)

Screenshot 2022-10-11 095202.png

Screenshot 2022-10-11 095239.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  90.04 KB
 Viewed:  1039 Time(s)

Screenshot 2022-10-11 095239.png

And miles to go before I sleep." - Robert Frost

"I am one of the noticeable ones - notice me" - Dale Frances McKenzie Bozzio

<fact>code knows no gender</fact>

This is me, knowing I've ruffled your feathers, and not giving a ****
Some people are still hard-headed.

--------------------------------------
Mac Pro (Mid 2012) - Two 2.4GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5645 processors 64GB 1333MHz DDR3 ECC SDRAM OpenSUSE Leap 15.5
the-joker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 15:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
already fixed and so is wikar theme and broken commands execute and restore backup buttons.

bushant
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 15:00    Post subject: Expand these boxes Reply with quote
Any chance the DDNS Hostname text box and the Secure Shell (SSH) Autharized Keys text box
can be expandable so to show entire contents same as VPN Certificate and many others?

When creating and using pdf bakups it would be nice if these text strings could be copied .
Asking for a friend Idea

expand-vpn.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  7.22 MB
 Viewed:  1007 Time(s)

expand-vpn.gif

egc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 15:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Creating and exporting SSH keys is on my list and might come later this year Smile
Forum Guide Lines (important read):https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324087
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 20, 21, 22  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 17 of 22
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: