Netgear R6400 button scripts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
TheShanMan
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 21:46    Post subject: Netgear R6400 button scripts Reply with quote
I've read https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/SES_Button and tried this with the 2 buttons on the top of my router (1 is for wifi on/off, 1 is for what I think is the equivalent of SES, called WPS). Neither triggers the script but I can run the script manually (i.e. it has execute permissions and is a working script).

I have used the "gpio poll" command and successfully found the gpio numbers of the 2 buttons (3 and 4), and learned the hard way when playing with gpio for LED control that one of the numbers resets the routers... I didn't have a backup. Sad

So I know the buttons work and I *could* write a script to continually poll for button presses, but it would be nicer obviously if it was interrupt driven rather than poll driven, i.e. dd-wrt automatically calls my script when one of those buttons is pressed.

Is that possible? I haven't found documentation on button presses that tells me anything other than SES will trigger a script (which again, doesn't work in the case of my router) or continually poll for button presses. But maybe I just haven't stumbled on the info yet. Hoping it's possible!

My goal is to have a button for disconnecting from the VPN (as a VPN client) and another for connecting, or just one button for doing a disconnect/reconnect in order to get a new IP from my VPN provider when I run into a site that has blocked the IP address I'm on. Much easier than going into the web interface and doing it, and a more family friendly solution as well!

Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r46885 std (06/05/21)
Sponsor
TheShanMan
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 23:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guess no reply implies polling is my only option. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: