RFlow Listenindex error

excel4x
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:34    Post subject: RFlow Listenindex error Reply with quote
Please help explain what this error means and how to fix it:

"Listenindex uberschreitet das maximum (843)"

I think it is saying that the listenindex has exceed the maximum. But I don't know what this means or how to rectify it.

Thanks much!

rflowcollector2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  31.45 KB
 Viewed:  1244 Time(s)

rflowcollector2.jpg

Sponsor
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
On what router, what build of DD-WRT? Client device(s)? Logs? Please consider adding amplifying information, thanks.
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
excel4x
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:54    Post subject: RFlow Listenindex error Reply with quote
Sorry for not providing more information. The error is from rflowcollector.exe version 3. This is a program running on Windows (XP in this case). I am not aware of any updates to this program, which as I recall was released ~2007. It is connected to a mysql 5.0 database.

Rflow collects traffic data from dd-wrt routers. It is no longer supported as far as I can tell. I don't see the binaries listed on the dd-wrt website as referred to in this wiki:

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Using_RFlow_Collector_and_MySQL_To_Gather_Traffic_Information

I have been running it for 10+ years collecting data from a variety of dd-wrt based routers of various vintages. It has been working fine up until recently.

I don't know if the error is due to a hard-coded limit on the number of routers or clients, or some corruption. The database appears to be intact and passes checks.

I searched the dd-wrt forums and could not find any reference to the error message. I was hoping someone might know what the error indicates so I can resolve the issue. Currently the program pops up this error every few minutes and the program finally crashes.

While writing this response I wondered if the problem might be due to a corrupt rflow.cfg file. I restored an older version of the file, as so far the program is running without error. So, that may be the cause and resolution.

Thanks for asking the question - which prompted me to check the config file.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: