New Build - 09/24/2021 - r47481

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2
badwizard
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
I got busy and jumped ahead a release. It is still present in r47581.

I can work around it and I had already made manual changes to make it function. I'm mostly reporting for bug purposes.

Even better is disabling the transprent proxy doesn't fix the bug. I have to apply changes under the nat/qos tab to get the tables to regenerate properly.

This 1900ACS isn't long for this world and I'm going to replace it soon. If you would like the little beast I'll ship it off when I have a new dd-wrt router.

-------------

root@GarageMonster:~# iptables-restore /tmp/.ipt
iptables-restore v1.8.5 (legacy):
The "nat" table is not intended for filtering, the use of DROP is therefore inhibited.

Error occurred at line: 10
Try `iptables-restore -h' or 'iptables-restore --help' for more information.
Sponsor
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
badwizard wrote:
This 1900ACS isn't long for this world and I'm going to replace it soon. If you would like the little beast I'll ship it off when I have a new dd-wrt router.

I am always looking for a(nother) Marvel to test in-house. Last opportunity I had to acquire another 3200 fizzled because apparently the one I still have in-house was supposed to be used for testing DD-WRT only and not in service for any other use Rolling Eyes

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
badwizard
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 23:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Send me an addy in message and a good suggestion for a modern replacement and it is yours! (It should run dd-wrt Wink Double plus points if I can solder on a serial cable.)

I ended up back on the v3.0-r47581 build after bouncing around builds and it is not dropping wireless and doing other odd things at the moment. There is certainly something strange going on if I try the transparent proxy and maybe more then the nat table at play.

I found out last night that the aforementioned bug is still there, but simply using apply in the NAT tab isn't really enough. Some forums actually stop loading the comment thread. I rebooted and corrected that issue.

If I were a good person I would compare table output from impacted to functioning. My heart just isn't in it since I want to upgrade the hardware. Both the upstairs buffalo and this 1900 are showing their age.

If I were a better person I would fix the bug in the first place.
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 23:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Recommended (minus x86): R7800 (XR450/XR500), R9000 (R8900/XR700), R7500v2, EA8500 (serial flash)
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
PM Sent.
badwizard wrote:
Send me an addy in message and a good suggestion for a modern replacement and it is yours! (It should run dd-wrt Wink Double plus points if I can solder on a serial cable.)

blkt wrote:
Recommended (minus x86): R7800 (XR450/XR500), R9000 (R8900/XR700), R7500v2, EA8500 (serial flash)

x2

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: