need help with telnet to fix dd-wrt

doop23
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:23    Post subject: need help with telnet to fix dd-wrt Reply with quote
hi,

following this guide

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1169279#1169279

with this telnet command

curl -k -X GET https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/download.php?id=36611 -o /tmp/cfe8500.bin

if i dont have an internet connection at the time how would i change the command if it have the cfe8500.bin file locally?

for example if i had it in c:\users\myusername\desktop\cfe8500.bin

what would be the command?

also is it different in linux how would the command go if it was in my downloads folder?

many thx for any help, it is much appreciated. Smile

dd-wrt is the best!!!
Sponsor
d33b0_n4p41m
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Enable ssh on DD-WRT and use scp via WinSCP or comparable client software from your PC.
----------
“Life is about moving on, accepting changes and looking forward to what makes you stronger and more complete.” ~ Anonymous
doop23
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
d33b0_n4p41m wrote:
Enable ssh on DD-WRT and use scp via WinSCP or comparable client software from your PC.

hi, thx

with winscp

i choose file protocol as scp

but what do i use for host name and port?

thx
d33b0_n4p41m
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router IP address for hostname; port shouldn't necessarily matter, since it should use port 22, same as ssh.

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Scp_command

----------
“Life is about moving on, accepting changes and looking forward to what makes you stronger and more complete.” ~ Anonymous
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: