How to access my network from internet [PROBLEM]

Goto page Previous  1, 2
d33b0_n4p41m
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 19:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Perhaps I misunderstood you. But it seems like your previous comment was, "It won't work, your plan is futile because I don't know how to make it work". I think it would be better for us to walk through this together in a more positive tone rather than drop fire bombs on it because there is no "guide". There is no guide likely because it's too "difficult" to adapt. I shall relent to quoting the late Neil Peart: "What is a master but a master student? And if that's true, then there's a responsibility on you to keep getting better and to explore avenues of your profession." ... or, in this case, how to install and configure ZeroTier on DD-WRT ^_^
Sponsor
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 21:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
hmm.. i managed to sneak some time off today and had a look on zerotier and tailscale.... for my surprise installation on Entware produced different results..between my 1043v2 and R9000 routers... where on R9000 with tailscale i was able to get more promising results where i could see some helps and syntax templates, but still could not make it to work as it should...it deff needs lots of digging and config...ill devote some time when i can...not promising...anything...
I will try zerotier on R9000 too may produce some different outcome i guess...may be my mistake is, i was trying those on 1043v2 ...

TP-Link WR1043NDv2 -Gargoyle OS 1.15.x AP,DNS,QoS,Quotas
Qualcomm-Atheros
Netgear XR500 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoH,Forced DNS,AP Isolation,4VLAN,Ad-Block,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R7800 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,Forced DNS,AP&Net Isolation,x3VLAN,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R9000 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,AP Isolation,Firewall,Forced DNS,x2VLAN,Vanilla
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/SmartDNS/DoH,AD-Block,Firewall,Forced DNS,x3VLAN,VPN
NOT USING 5Ghz ANYWHERE
------------------------------------------------------
Stubby DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 by mac913
royitoroy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 0:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for trying to help but today I understood what Alozaros tryies to says; and that is that despite searching everywhere and not only on youtube (my primary source hehe) I included reddit, the official zerotier page, the entire ddwrt forum and google i couldn't find nothing for ddwrt configure more than questions from many and very little clearness... rather, no information and I have been tempted to forget about zerotier and look for another solution because if there is no wiki or written help... well I can not even give a step in these projects because I am not a programmer or anything like that... however

i undertand what d33b0_n4p41m says too, I know that zerotier is the same for everyone, and what changes is the interface or command names for different firmwares and would be good a wiki, it could be made on how to put it to work at least in the basic things to help others as well...

I have found a kind of wiki for openwrt in a forum in Spanish but unfortunately nobody answers because it seems it is not very up to date but I think that the material they put there is good, and it is more than what I have found elsewhere, it is long because they teach About 4 different types of connections with zerotier on router's openwrt, And I tried to follow the instructions there but I had no success because when entering the commands it gives me an error and I do not know if what I am doing is finally fine or I will end up formatting my router or something worse haha: lol: so I left it...

And that's why today I was considering taking an archer C60 that I got with openwrt install on, and using it that as a router only for zerotier but there would be more devices and more problems to me to configure them... Sad or leave everything zerotier and look for another solution but I just entered here and read everything here hehe...

Just in case you want to see the solutions that I tell you is here
https://foro.seguridadwireless.net/openwrt/vpn-con-zerotier-en-openwrt/

If they translate the page with google they will see that it teaches well and the solution that I was trying to apply was 3 ... but I will keep trying with those commands or try to understand a little ...

Fiber Modem/Router: ZTE-ZXHN F670L ►►►►►► Internet 1
2G,3G,4G Modem: Amplimax FIT Elsys EPRL18 ►► Internet 2
(failover)

MAINROUTER:
Raspberry PI 4 ►► OpenWrt 19.07.8

Load Balancer, Failover, Vlans, QoS, DHCP.

AP 1:
NETGEAR NIGTHAWK R9000 ►► DD-WRT v3.0-r47510 std

Vanilla, 2.4Ghz, 5Ghz, WPA2, Sharing USB Printer, Wired OpenMediaVault Data Server.
AP 2:
TP-LINK ARCHER AC1750 C7 v2 ►► DD-WRT v3.0-r47225 std
AP 3 & 4
TP-LINK ARCHER AC1750 A7 v5.6 ►► DD-WRT v3.0-r47282 std

Tutorials & WikisDownload FirmwaresBest Wifi SettingsComplete Guide Wifi
royitoroy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 23:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am trying to carry out this ... 'wiki' and I don't know anything about console or advanced things but I need to try to do this to be able to work better with my computer, that is why I am getting to study a bit of linux commands to At least understand a little ...

Could you help me understand what these codes are and how can I do them in ddwrt 1st and then go on to configure the zerotier?

This is what i'm trying to do (translated from original source https://foro.seguridadwireless.net/openwrt/vpn-con-zerotier-en-openwrt/)

Quote:
Virtual private network access point (layer 2 bridging)

The OpenWrt router assigns its hosts IPs within the VPN range. Hosts do not need ZeroTier installed to navigate the VPN. By having a VPN IP, they are addressable: they respond to ping, they react to remote startup (Wake on Lan), they are manageable from remote desktop ...

0) Approach

Internet provider router
WAN IP: 192.168.1.1

OpenWrt router (routed AP)
WAN IP: 192.168.1.x (the one assigned by the DHCP server)
LAN / VPN IP: 192.168.100.4 (static IP)
Gateway: 192.168.1.1 (WAN)
DNS server: 1.1.1.1, 1.0.0.1

SWITCH
ports 1, 2 y 3 : LAN
port 4: WAN

ZeroTier Network (VPN)
Range: 192.168.100.0/24 (Assigned by the user when registering the network.)
Network ID: ID_OF_NETWORK (The Network ID is a unique 16-digit hexadecimal number generated automatically by the ZeroTier VL2 layer.)

1) Configure the OpenWrt router

Connect the PC to the LAN1 socket of the OpenWrt router and login ssh root@192.168.1.1 (PuTTY, on Windows)

Configure the LAN interface
Código: [Seleccionar]
uci set dhcp.lan.ra_management='1'
uci del network.lan.ip6assign
uci set network.lan.ipaddr='192.168.1.4'
uci add_list network.lan.dns='1.1.1.1'
uci add_list network.lan.dns='1.0.0.1'
LuCI:

I understand here that I must configure this static IP with a subnet family example '192.168.100.4' with dns's and 1.1.1.1 / 1.0.0.1 ... But the subnet ip address of zerotier and 'physical local network' in the router is the same, and it must be configured in basic setup > wan / network & network address server settings (DHCP) setup right? tellme if im wrong

Quote:
[size=8]Configure the SWITCH (connectors LAN1 to LAN4)
Code: [Select]
puertoCPU=$(uci get network.@switch_vlan[0].ports | awk '{print $5}')
uci set network.@switch_vlan[0].ports='0 1 2 '$puertoCPU
uci add network switch_vlan
uci set network.@switch_vlan[-1].device='switch0'
uci set network.@switch_vlan[-1].vlan='2'
uci set network.@switch_vlan[-1].ports='3 '$puertoCPU

Configure the WAN interface
uci set network.wan=interface
uci set network.wan.ifname='eth0.2'
uci set network.wan.proto='dhcp'

Apply changes and restart
uci commit
reboot

Connect an ethernet cable between the ISP router and the LAN4 socket of the OpenWrt router.[size]

in configure switch an wan interface What is that? or how do i apply it in ddwrt? i guess its says something of vlans about ...should i make a vlan?

Quote:

2) Install and configure ZeroTier

After restarting, the PC will have lost connection with the router, which now has a new IP: 192.168.100.4. For the PC to resume an IP within the new range, it is usually enough to disconnect and reconnect the ethernet patch cord that connects it to the router.

Open a new session ssh root@192.168.100.4 (PuTTY, en Windows)

Update package list and install ZeroTier One
opkg update
opkg install zerotier

i already have zertier install...

Quote:

Configure ZeroTier. Replace 'ID_OF_NETWORK' with the Network ID of the ZeroTier network.
rm /etc/config/zerotier
touch /etc/config/zerotier
uci set zerotier.openwrt_network=zerotier
uci add_list zerotier.openwrt_network.join='ID_OF_NETWORK'
uci set zerotier.openwrt_network.enabled='1'
uci commit zerotier
/etc/init.d/zerotier restart
/etc/init.d/firewall restart

when i start to tried this i get an error, but now that made a research i see...
Code:
rm
code its for delete the zerotier directory, but thear are no such directory in that place 1st at all, next the
Code:
touch
command allows creating a new blank file via command line... I wonder if ddwrt is different and that folders and files is somewhere else since it was installed in the entware?

Quote:

If the ZeroTier installation was successful, a new virtual ethernet device will have been generated "ztxxxxxxxx".
ifconfig | grep zt
ztxxxxxxxx Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 0E:F4:4C:xx:xx:xx

Also, it can be verified that ZeroTier is ONLINE.
zerotier-cli info
200 info 79aa2xxxxx 1.6.4 ONLINE
(The hexadecimal number '79aa2xxxxx' is the node identifier generated by the ZeroTier VL1 layer.)

Optionally, performance can be improved by allowing incoming UDP connections through port 9993.

Restart the router. Sometimes it is not necessary.
reboot

Define an interface for the ztxxxxxxxx virtual device
uci set network.ZeroTier=interface
uci set network.ZeroTier.ifname=$(ifconfig | grep zt | awk '{print $1}')
uci set network.ZeroTier.proto='none'

Bridging the LAN interface to the ZeroTier interface
uci set network.lan.ifname="$(uci get network.lan.ifname) $(uci get network.ZeroTier.ifname)"

Apply changes and reboot
uci commit network
uci commit firewall
reboot

Fiber Modem/Router: ZTE-ZXHN F670L ►►►►►► Internet 1
2G,3G,4G Modem: Amplimax FIT Elsys EPRL18 ►► Internet 2
(failover)

MAINROUTER:
Raspberry PI 4 ►► OpenWrt 19.07.8

Load Balancer, Failover, Vlans, QoS, DHCP.

AP 1:
NETGEAR NIGTHAWK R9000 ►► DD-WRT v3.0-r47510 std

Vanilla, 2.4Ghz, 5Ghz, WPA2, Sharing USB Printer, Wired OpenMediaVault Data Server.
AP 2:
TP-LINK ARCHER AC1750 C7 v2 ►► DD-WRT v3.0-r47225 std
AP 3 & 4
TP-LINK ARCHER AC1750 A7 v5.6 ►► DD-WRT v3.0-r47282 std

Tutorials & WikisDownload FirmwaresBest Wifi SettingsComplete Guide Wifi
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
im glad that you keep your interest on ZT...
those commands are regarding openwrt for ddwrt it needs adaptation, you already installed ZT via Entware and you need to make it start and be able to see ZT interface in ip addr show
than you'd need to find the config file or at least where is located and add your network destination...than i guess there must be few firewall rules regarding crossing the nat...im still diggin it but at the moment along with my work i need to finish 12 subjects course untill 17.09 and don't have much time...

however i created a new thread on that subject, feel free to post your findings there...
https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=330217

TP-Link WR1043NDv2 -Gargoyle OS 1.15.x AP,DNS,QoS,Quotas
Qualcomm-Atheros
Netgear XR500 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoH,Forced DNS,AP Isolation,4VLAN,Ad-Block,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R7800 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,Forced DNS,AP&Net Isolation,x3VLAN,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R9000 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,AP Isolation,Firewall,Forced DNS,x2VLAN,Vanilla
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/SmartDNS/DoH,AD-Block,Firewall,Forced DNS,x3VLAN,VPN
NOT USING 5Ghz ANYWHERE
------------------------------------------------------
Stubby DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 by mac913
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: