(Solved) Packet Loss 5ghz-WIFI Since Update To 47135 - R7800

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
CR_Apollo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:15    Post subject: (Solved) Packet Loss 5ghz-WIFI Since Update To 47135 - R7800 Reply with quote
Hi there, since I updated from 44XXX to 47135, my son has been experiencing major lag and freezing connected via 5Ghz WIFI on PS4. So I ran continuous ping to my FS from wired and WIFI to see if I could capture the issue. I noticed that I get sporadic packet loss and high ping times only on the wifi connection, wired looked good. Seems it happens about every 10-20 minutes or so, but the WIFI still stays connected when it happens.

I tried the two firmware settings (VAN-DD-WRT), changed channels and did a bunch of other troubleshooting. Same results.

I read a post about WIFI dropping, which was mentioned in New Build 47225 post, that it seems to have been fixed. It's not clear on what build the issue was related to, and I am not sure if the issue mentioned about WIFI dropping was is same issue I am having, or something completely different?

Before I either do a reset of 47135 or upgrade to 47225, does anyone know about this issue, that can tell me which is the best course of action for my case, please?

Thanks!

Updated to 47225 and reset. Still seeing the odd packet lost here and there, but much more stable. Will continue to monitor and will open a ticket is issues reoccur.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: