Linksys WRT3200ACM problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
RyanRyze
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:19    Post subject: Linksys WRT3200ACM problems Reply with quote
Hi,

I'm hoping there is somebody here that can help me with the (little) problems I'm facing while setting up my home network. As of right now I'm facing 2 little problems in my home network which I cannot fully trace. I recently bought this WRT 3200ACM router and flashed it to DD-WRT, but never had these types of issues on my home network.

1) I have a washing machine that connects to my WIFI, and sends out data over the internet. When I try connecting it my (guest) WIFI, it stays in some kind of "LEGACY" mode and doesn't get an IP-address from the DHCP server.

I'm hoping that there are some other people that encountered similar problems, and know how to fix this. I would gladly appreciate any input.

2) I have my NAS on my home network running PLEX for my movie database, and my Playstation on the same network. Both are connected through a wired connection, but for some reason it doesn't connect directly to the PLEX (NAS).
> I'm thinking this is a DNS related issue, but cannot quite trace it since my other home devices (laptops) can connect to PLEX w/o any problem.
Sponsor
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Which build is installed, r47206? Without configuration details few can help you other than for general advice.

The known workarounds for smart IoT and Marvell series are disable LDPC or WMM or use G-Only/BG-Mixed.
RyanRyze
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
I will post some screenshots.
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 14:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Not sure where to start. For one, I do not know if you have dedicated a physical interface or radio for guests.

Maybe you have set up virtual access point(s) which can be problematic. PS try network reset use automatic?

Build r43334 I am not sure is good; the "fallback" build for Marvell routers has been r44048 since a year ago.

So I suggest you try a build from the past week or so, or maybe if required use r44048 but so many changes.

You should manually reconfigure after successful flash and reboot, but do not select reset during an upgrade.

Use nvram erase && reboot afterward with Telnet as root to start over clean. Do not use auto channel select.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 17:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
One thing I have noticed on both DD and OpenWRT is that there is no implicit or explicit beamforming settings.

https://www.nxp.com/products/wireless/wi-fi-plus-bluetooth/88w8964-2-4-5-ghz-dual-band-4x4-wi-fi-5-802-11ac-access-solution:88W8964

https://www.mouser.com/datasheet/2/302/88W8864-FACT-SHEET-1670753.pdf

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
ho1Aetoo
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 18:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/files/capture2_161.png

Seems to exist.

I see "single user beamforming" on the 5ghz screenshot

Would be easier if someone would post actual screenshots maybe in a Marvel Settings thread.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 18:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ah, on 5GHz, but not 2.4GHz. Sorry, I was going by the screenshot earlier in this thread; both bands support it, if memory serves. I don't have any DD-powered Marvells in house at the moment and I don't remote to the webUI on them. I've asked for someone to do screenshots and a write-up several times; people seem unwilling and want to balk. If I post anything, it will be overlooked or I will catch flack, most likely. This is the point at which I humbly let the Marvell sub-forum do it's thing; if people don't wish to participate or post, not my problem anymore. There are several folks here who are quite knowledgeable and could contribute much better than I can. I'm but a sounding brass, a tinkling cymbal and a roadblock in the Marvell forum as far as some people are concerned.
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: