Airlink 101 AR670W - Chip & Flash Details

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50
randomness
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 15:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Jack82 wrote:
You might try to TFTP, but you risk bricking it. If you do brick it, you'll probably need serial recovery.

How complicated is it to do that? Where is the serial port located?
This page mentions that Lohuis routers have an emergency firmware recovery via FTFP in case of bricks: http://www.manualslib.com/manual/625206/Lohuis-Networks-Lohu-5160p.html?page=17
Sponsor
Jack82
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 15:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's called TFTP, not FTFP. Read the Wiki, inform yourself: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/TFTP_flash
TwoTimesFire
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 0:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Val D. wrote:
I'm still using one of those routers and it's very fast and reliable. After a lot of experimenting I found dd-wrt v15693 to be the most stable build for me. It just works as expected. Anything after that build has some serious issues, including v16214.

I know I'm over a year late- but what did you find other than dropbear doesn't run on boot?

I've had no issues with mine beyond that (and a few tweaks at boot time), and I've been running 16214 for several years.
TwoTimesFire
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
For what it's worth- I gave up. I'm running OpenWRT now. The initial flash disables the Wi-Fi, so you'll need to set it up over the LAN. I didn't. I ended up building a JTAG cable out of a PL-2303HX USB serial adapter.

Although LuCI and the configuration bits are archaic, I'm likely to stick with it since I get a functional system that isn't 5 years out of date.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 Display posts from previous:    Page 50 of 50
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: