Airlink 101 AR670W - Chip & Flash Details

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 48, 49, 50  Next
Auzner
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
I got one of these for $12 at Fry's on Black Friday. I've always wanted to try DD-WRT. Here's some data.

AirLink101 Wireless N Router
Model: AR670W
FCC ID: RRK-WRGN16
IC: 4833A-WRGN16
S/N: 150508262148

Bottom

The wiki says this is a work in progress. Can't wait! Smile
Sponsor
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 16:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
okay. without saying to much. yes we can support this Ralink 2880 based router very fast, if someone is able to send me such a router. but ensure that you really want to send it to us, because you usually never get it back since i keep them back for future testing and they will also be modified for debugging. since i had alot of troubles with sending back routers in the past, you should know that my laboratory is a dead end. but if someone here aggrees with these conditions i can make this possible within a week after the routers arrival.

i know this sounds a little bit bad, but if the one wants some money for it, we will find a way

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 16:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=943515&fcc_id='RRK-WRGN16'
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 18:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Brainslayer, will these routers need to be initially reflashed via serial or can it be done through the ethernet port? Or will you not know until you can do further testing on the router? The reason i am asking is because I have noticed most other ralink based routers require serial flashing. If it does require serial flashing, is there somewhere in the wiki that will show how to attach a serial cable? I know it requires soldering but i just don't know what exactly i need.

Thanks for any possible help.
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
we will see when we have one device here!
&
RTFM/STFW
&

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Shipping to Germany seems like it will be at least $12. I only bought one of these routers so I'll go to Fry's tomorrow and see if they're still abundant in stock and cheap. I'll consider mailing mine to Germany. Also, would you need the power adapter? 5V 2.5A

It turns out it is a discontinued model and that's why Fry's had it for so cheap. If I give mine up for DD-WRT I may never find one again...

Fry's online store appears to have it for $60. Confused
Kzbd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 23:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
I got an airlink AR690W from Fry's for $30 on Jan 1 which uses a RT2860. It's N 300 but not discontinued. I haven't opened it yet trying to decide if I want to keep it which basically hinges on whether I can get DD-WRT on it.
slaveunit
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 23:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
"It turns out it is a discontinued model and that's why Fry's had it for so cheap. If I give mine up for DD-WRT I may never find one again...

Fry's online store appears to have it for $60."

Why would you say/believe these are discontinued? Did someone at the store tell you that?
tripper22
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:41    Post subject: I would like to help. Reply with quote
The router is still widely available. I can get a new AR670W here in Canada for $49.00. In stock and verified.Very Happy

I don't know what the shipping would be to Germany but I can check. Lets just say it's $20 Canadian for now.

If people want to help out the community and get this router to BrainSlayer let me know what we can do because I don't want to pay for the whole thing. But i'm willing to do the work to get it there. I can post the Canada Post tracking number here if I can make this happen. We can all watch as it slowly makes it's way to Germany.

Im willing to contribute $10.00. Anyone else? How can we do this? Thanks in advance for your ideas and thanks to BrainSlayer for all of his past and future contributions.
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
we are willing to spend some bugs to get one of this devices here.
&
RTFM/STFW
&

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 15:42    Post subject: $17 on sale today. Reply with quote
This is from todays paper. The papers are usually the same for San Jose, Dallas, San Diego, or most any Frys. The Canada one costs too much. If someone picks this up we can have it shipped for a max of $40. If we all pitch in about $5 or so this should work out? Thoughts?

http://newspaperads.mercurynews.com/ROP/ads.aspx?advid=32664&adid=7414124&subid=24848947&type=

This price is good for 2 days. January 7th-8th.
tripper22
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 18:36    Post subject: Re: $17 on sale today. Reply with quote
slaveunit wrote:
This is from todays paper. The papers are usually the same for San Jose, Dallas, San Diego, or most any Frys. The Canada one costs too much. If someone picks this up we can have it shipped for a max of $40. If we all pitch in about $5 or so this should work out? Thoughts?

http://newspaperads.mercurynews.com/ROP/ads.aspx?advid=32664&adid=7414124&subid=24848947&type=

This price is good for 2 days. January 7th-8th.

Everything costs more in Canada unfortunately. Just trying to help.

Okay slaveunit. Count me in for $5.00. Paypal?

Last edited by tripper22 on Wed Jan 07, 2009 18:41; edited 1 time in total
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 18:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
jep if each of u spent $5-8.....
&
RTFM/STFW
&

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 19:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
I will let everyone know if I can make it out to a frys in the next 2 days. If anyone else is able to run and get one let me know. Time is very tight for me this week.

Also anyone willing to donate $5 please indicate here.
ccplcguy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 19:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'll donate $5.00us.

Are there any other RALink chip set units you might want to try? I don't have a Fry's by me even though I do have one of these routers. I personally feel that they are better wireless performers than most I have tried.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 48, 49, 50  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 50
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: