TFTP flash of Netgear R7800 failing with Access Violation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
mmdanmm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 22:02    Post subject: TFTP flash of Netgear R7800 failing with Access Violation Reply with quote
I was having stability issues with a kong build (from around 2019) and decided to upgrade to the latest official ddwrt version over the DDWRT UI. After the upgrade I was unable to access the UI so i performed a basic reset which allowed access to the new version. While testing i found internet connectivity wasn't working correctly so suspected a deeper issue,i then performed a 30-30-30 reset.

Following the reset the power button is flashing white so I attempt to tftp the stock image to the r7800, problem is that I always get an Error Code 2 Access Violation.

Does anyone have any experience with this? It seems like the directory the r7800 tftp server is saving to is restricted. With no UI or other access (that i know of) how can I go about fixing this?
Sponsor
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Do not use 30/30/30, 30 or WPS; only used for ancient or different model routers such as WRT54G or ASUS.
R7800 hardware reset: Power on after full boot hold reset button 5-10 seconds until Power LED blinks amber.

Always go to user manual pdf or support article for a factory reset reference directly from the manufacturer.
Also, see the DD-WRT methods via command line Telnet/SSH for Erasing NVRAM or nvram erase && reboot.

Pale Moon (52), WF Classic (56) Waterfox (91), Firefox ESR Portable (91), Firefox ESR Legacy (78/68/52/45)
Linux, macOS and installers: Pale Moon, WF Classic (56), WF Current G4 (91), Firefox ESR (91), Firefox (98)

Netgear R7800 and XR500 Install Guide by egc
How do I upload firmware to my NETGEAR router using a TFTP client on Microsoft Windows?
How do I upload firmware to my NETGEAR router using TFTP from the Microsoft Windows Command Prompt?
How do I upload firmware to my NETGEAR router using TFTP on Apple macOS?
NETGEAR R7800 (Nighthawk X4S AC2600) -> Easy TFTP flashing on Linux or macOS

03-23-2022-r48567/netgear-r7800/factory-to-ddwrt.img holding reset in, power on, led blinks white, release.
https://pjo2.github.io/tftpd64/ - tftpd64.464.zip - tftpd32.464.zip - tftpd64.452.zip - tftpd32.452.zip
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: