Feature request - Add status to Access Restrictions Summary

jimj
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 16:55    Post subject: Feature request - Add status to Access Restrictions Summary Reply with quote
Currently the "Access Restrictions Summary" page has these columns:
  • No.
  • Policy Name
  • Days
  • Time of Day
  • Delete
I'd live to have a status column added to this page. The status column would show if each policy is enabled or disabled.

To get to the "Access Restrictions Summary" page go to "Access Restrictions" then click the "Summary" button to the right of the policy drop down box. This will open a new window with this URL http://192.168.1.1/FilterSummary.asp

I use all 20 policies, so it's nice to be able to load this page and see a summary of how I have all the policies configured. The only problem is that I'll sometimes grant temporary access to a kid by disabling a policy and then forget to re-enable the policy. Unfortunately the summary page doesn't show if a policy is enabled or disabled.

My current workaround for viewing the status of all of my access restrictions policies is to run this from the CLI:
Code:
nvram show|grep filter_rule
and look at the "$STAT" variable (0 is disabled, 1 is enabled).
jimj
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 20:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
I briefly searched for info on how to edit the FilterSummary.asp page myself, but that looks to be a difficult undertaking. I did, however, come up with another web GUI workaround. It's not nearly as nice as having the summary page show this, but my workaround to view a (lightly formatted) text summary of the Access Restriction policy status is to go to the "Administration->Commands" page save this comment as the first "Startup" command:
Code:
# nvram show|grep filter_rule|sed 's/STAT:/\t/; s/NAME:/ /; s/DENY.*//; s/\\$//g'

Now whenever I want to view this policy summary from the web I
1. Go to the "Administration->Commands" page
2. Copy and paste everything after the comment
Code:
nvram show|grep filter_rule|sed 's/STAT:/\t/; s/NAME:/ /; s/DENY.*//; s/\\$//g'
to the "Commands" box (you only need to do this once each time your router is rebooted)
3. Click the "Run Commands" button

Note I only save the command as a "Startup" comment so I can copy and paste it (it's a comment so it's not executed at startup) instead of typing it in from my mobile browser.

If you don't see any output, check out the Commands window quirks noted here.

If you want a lightly formatted view from the CLI (ssh) you could run this instead
Code:
nvram show|grep filter_rule|sed 's/$STAT:/\t/; s/$NAME:/ /; s/$DENY.*//'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Generic Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: