Archer C7 with 3g or 4gb conection DOES IT WORK?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
royitoroy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 20:36    Post subject: Archer C7 with 3g or 4gb conection DOES IT WORK? Reply with quote
I have my worker in an area where the dsl Internet is very poor and bad, the fiber optic superhyper expensive and the satellite well not to mention...

We only have the 4g and 3g option from the cell phone company.

I thought if using an Archer C7 (I still do not know what version) and connect it an lte router for connection 5g 4g and 3g work connecting it to the USB router with ddwrt to share the connection with 4 devices...

Anyone have experience with it?
Sponsor
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 22:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
We need all the details. Which LTE router and you need to be a little more precise in what you wish to accomplish. Are you connecting LTE modem or router via USB to the C7 or via ethernet?
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
royitoroy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
For now it is only a possibility and my idea is to see the feasibility of doing it.

In the area in question, only the 3G network works, so there are 2 possible solutions:

The 1st solution is that the company gives me a 3/4G router with ethernet ports like this https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Alcatel-desbloqueado-Multibam-usuarios-HH41NH-2BTGMXA-1/dp/B07RNDJFXN ... its kind of easy because its a simple connection to the WAN port in a router type wr940n or better with ddwrt only to share WIFI and the use of a QoS... there is no problem with that.
The total cost is $ 227

The 2nd solution is to buy a usb device like this
1 https://www.amazon.com/-/Hotspot-port%C3%A1til-Estados-Movistar-Venezuela/dp/B08MV7CYR4?language=en_US

2 a dongle like this https://www.amazon.com/-/Huawei-e1756-adaptador-Wireless-Tarjeta/dp/B00812U9LO

3 this https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/HUAWEI-E1756-3G-HSDPA-USB-Modem_60589518342.html

4 or this https://www.amazon.com/-/Alcatel-MW41NF-2AOFUS1-Hotspot-Desbloqueado-usuarios/dp/B084BQK3HP

And I connect it by usb to an archer c7 with ddwrt to share WIFI and use the QoS

Total cost 117 $

I have never made a connection with 3/4g

what do you think?
royitoroy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 16:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
From what I have been reading and understanding I believe that the solution 1 will be the best...

the cost is high but if there were need, I could place an external antenna for 3/4g lte

royitoroy wrote:
The 1st solution is that the company gives me a 3/4G router with ethernet ports like this https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Alcatel-desbloqueado-Multibam-usuarios-HH41NH-2BTGMXA-1/dp/B07RNDJFXN ... its kind of easy because its a simple connection to the WAN port in a router type wr940n or better with ddwrt only to share WIFI and the use of a QoS... there is no problem with that.
The total cost is $ 227

any advice?

Fiber Modem/Router: ZTE-ZXHN F670L ►►►►►► Internet 1
2G,3G,4G Modem: Amplimax FIT Elsys EPRL18 ►► Internet 2
(failover)

MAINROUTER:
Raspberry PI 4 ►► OpenWrt 19.07.8

Load Balancer, Failover, Vlans, QoS, DHCP.

AP 1:
NETGEAR NIGTHAWK R9000 ►► DD-WRT v3.0-r47510 std

Vanilla, 2.4Ghz, 5Ghz, WPA2, Sharing USB Printer, Wired OpenMediaVault Data Server.
AP 2:
TP-LINK ARCHER AC1750 C7 v2 ►► DD-WRT v3.0-r47225 std
AP 3 & 4
TP-LINK ARCHER AC1750 A7 v5.6 ►► DD-WRT v3.0-r47282 std

Tutorials & WikisDownload FirmwaresBest Wifi SettingsComplete Guide Wifi
ho1Aetoo
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 17:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
QoS on router side works rather less in wireless networks like 3g/4g

this is a shared medium with variable bitrates
and this is rather suboptimal for shapers because you can't set the required buffer reserve properly

this works much better with relatively static connections like DSL/G.fast/FFTH or DOCSIS
royitoroy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 18:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
ho1Aetoo wrote:
QoS on router side works rather less in wireless networks like 3g/4g

this is a shared medium with variable bitrates
and this is rather suboptimal for shapers because you can't set the required buffer reserve properly

this works much better with relatively static connections like DSL/G.fast/FFTH or DOCSIS

mmm I wanted it to put the htb fq_codel to handle the bufferbloat of the network ... but if it doesn't work then I don't think a router with ddwrt would be needed to handle those packets and simply with the company's 3/4g router to share the wifi should work

dont you think?

Fiber Modem/Router: ZTE-ZXHN F670L ►►►►►► Internet 1
2G,3G,4G Modem: Amplimax FIT Elsys EPRL18 ►► Internet 2
(failover)

MAINROUTER:
Raspberry PI 4 ►► OpenWrt 19.07.8

Load Balancer, Failover, Vlans, QoS, DHCP.

AP 1:
NETGEAR NIGTHAWK R9000 ►► DD-WRT v3.0-r47510 std

Vanilla, 2.4Ghz, 5Ghz, WPA2, Sharing USB Printer, Wired OpenMediaVault Data Server.
AP 2:
TP-LINK ARCHER AC1750 C7 v2 ►► DD-WRT v3.0-r47225 std
AP 3 & 4
TP-LINK ARCHER AC1750 A7 v5.6 ►► DD-WRT v3.0-r47282 std

Tutorials & WikisDownload FirmwaresBest Wifi SettingsComplete Guide Wifi
ho1Aetoo
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think that you can save the additional router if you only want to buy it for QoS.

I think you will not get a working QoS with dd-wrt.
The only possibility would be possible simple Cake with OpenWrt with auto-ingress or the unlimited option (not said that it works properly).
auto-ingress makes a lot of nonsense for me
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: