Asus RT-N16 - Could not load flash0.os:: Error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
tedm wrote:
I have 2 of these. Is that CFE the one that fixed the 32k nvram thing?

yes they are a bitch to recover from. Unfortunately for the current K3 builds those seem to overflow the 32k nvram during boot.

This would have been an original cfe.bin file from my old unit. Mine died in 2014...so if the cfe alteration was discovered after that date...I never had it.

I'll try to find the discussion about that and manually edit a new file and post it...but I have to find it first.

EDIT- so far no luck in finding reference to 32K limit/alteration of the CFE...but this came up in my search...it might prove helpful.

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1197634#1197634

EDIT2 - OK...so the way I read/remember this is, there was not an edited CFE.bin file to fix the 32K limitation of the K2.6 builds. The 21530 file repartitions the flash chip allowing K3.X builds to access a 64K nvram partition. I never remembered a 32K altered CFE...because there likely wasn't one. Please...if someone has an altered CFE.bin file for expanding the nvram partition...I'd like to see it.

redhawk

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
redhawk0 wrote:
tedm wrote:
I have 2 of these. Is that CFE the one that fixed the 32k nvram thing?

yes they are a bitch to recover from. Unfortunately for the current K3 builds those seem to overflow the 32k nvram during boot.

This would have been an original cfe.bin file from my old unit. Mine died in 2014...so if the cfe alteration was discovered after that date...I never had it.

I'll try to find the discussion about that and manually edit a new file and post it...but I have to find it first.

EDIT- so far no luck in finding reference to 32K limit/alteration of the CFE...but this came up in my search...it might prove helpful.

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1197634#1197634

EDIT2 - OK...so the way I read/remember this is, there was not an edited CFE.bin file to fix the 32K limitation of the K2.6 builds. The 21530 file repartitions the flash chip allowing K3.X builds to access a 64K nvram partition. I never remembered a 32K altered CFE...because there likely wasn't one. Please...if someone has an altered CFE.bin file for expanding the nvram partition...I'd like to see it.

redhawk

Good day!
I have an ASUS RT-N16 for testing. If you can tell me how, I will help you get all the necessary RT-N16 files for analysis. At the moment, the router does not have DD-WRT, perhaps it used to have DD-WRT firmware installed on it.

P.S. Sorry for the English, I'm writing from a translator.
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: