Netgear R7800 Dead Radio - Not

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
joer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 18:30    Post subject: Netgear R7800 Dead Radio - Not Reply with quote
This is not a bug report but a procedural issue on my part and It may be useful info for others. I recently ran into a lost radio with build 6/5/2021 -46885. The router was originally flashed from factory to DD-WRT over a week ago. A nvram erase && reboot was performed after installing the build. The router was originally used as a wired router between my cable modem and server. Both radios were disabled in this configuration.

I ended up changing my wired router with another piece of hardware and planned to use the R7800 to upgrade an older access point in my home. Before re-configuring the router, I did a hard reset with the button on the back. No nvram && reboot was performed. My configuration changes could not be saved until I did an "apply". Hitting "save" would not save the changes.

The wireless configuration is where things got real spooky. My 2.4 gHz was not visible by clients even though the configuration indicated it was. I got a message while trying to run a site survey indicating the radio was off. The "Wireless Network Mode" indicated the 2.4 gHz band was "NG-Mixed". I disabled the radio and set the mode to "NG-Mixed" again and my 2.4gHz came alive.

My best guess is that the issue with the router was due to the fact that a nvram erase && reboot was not performed after the hard reset. My plan is to reconfigure the today after doing an nvram erase.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: