[SOLVED]Repeater bridge silos clients

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Trabajo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:51    Post subject: [SOLVED]Repeater bridge silos clients Reply with quote
Router: Netgear R6700v3
Chip: Broadcom BCM4708
Kernel: Linux 4.4.271 #3351 SMP Fri Jun 4 19:52:45 +07 2021 armv7l
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r46885 std (06/05/21)

I have two Netgear R6700v3's that are in a host and client Repeater Bridge configuration, with the client router wirelessly repeating one wireless network that is connected by ethernet to the WAN.

Same firmware for both.

I followed this guide: https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Repeater_Bridge#Broadcom

Unfortunately, if I am connected to the repeater, I cannot see clients connected to the host.

As of now Google points me to the "everything works just as intended" answers.

Am I out of luck here?

I feel like I'm missing something major.

Any help would be appreciated.

Note: I had previously attempted to set up WDS, but was having the 0% signal problem and was running out of time until my partner needed wifi, so I factory reset both routers and set up the repeater bridge.

Edit: Finished writing my Google story.

Last edited by Trabajo on Sat Jul 03, 2021 17:16; edited 2 times in total
Sponsor
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 16:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
You should be glad it didn't bootloop. RB mode on Broadcom ARM doesn't necessarily work. I'm not posting a bunch of links for this one.
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
nolimitz
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 17:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
My main routers and Access Points are running DD WRT, but If i want a repeater bridge i use FreshTomato ARM (haven’t tried it on MIPS variant). I have a very stable repeater bridge config on several R7000 and R6300v2 (called wireless ethernet bridge in FreshTomato). Haven’t tried it on R6700v3 but its supported so you can try.
Trabajo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 22:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
nolimitz wrote:
My main routers and Access Points are running DD WRT, but If i want a repeater bridge i use FreshTomato ARM (haven’t tried it on MIPS variant). I have a very stable repeater bridge config on several R7000 and R6300v2 (called wireless ethernet bridge in FreshTomato). Haven’t tried it on R6700v3 but its supported so you can try.

To be clear, the clients on the wireless ethernet bridge can see the rest of the network?
nolimitz
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Trabajo wrote:
nolimitz wrote:

To be clear, the clients on the wireless ethernet bridge can see the rest of the network?

Yes, from the bridge side I can use airprint to print on the printer connected to main router. I can also login to severs connected to main router and it works two way so from main router I can see bridge clients too.
Trabajo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
nolimitz wrote:
Trabajo wrote:
nolimitz wrote:

Yes, from the bridge side I can use airprint to print on the printer connected to main router. I can also login to severs connected to main router and it works two way so from main router I can see bridge clients too.

OK, I'll give this a try and see what happens.
Trabajo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 17:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Trabajo wrote:
nolimitz wrote:
Trabajo wrote:
nolimitz wrote:

OK, I'll give this a try and see what happens.

Excellent, FreshTomato worked for this.
nolimitz
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 17:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Trabajo wrote:

Excellent, FreshTomato worked for this.

glad it worked for you and thanks for reporting back.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: