New Build - 06/18/2021 - r46974

blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:52    Post subject: New Build - 06/18/2021 - r46974 Reply with quote
[WARNING]: This thread is only for feedback on this beta release for developers and the community's benefit.
DO NOT flash this beta release unless you understand the risks involved and device specific recovery methods.
Avoid discussions! Create threads for questions, general problems or use search; this thread is not for support.
Please list router model & revision, operating & wireless mode(s) and exact filename/firmware image flashed.

Downloads: (DD-WRT website) HTTPS & FTP (try another if a link does not work)

CLI Flash: 'cd /tmp' then 'wget {file URL}' (or 'curl -k {file URL} -o {file}') with http (not https) or ftp. Then 'write {file} linux'.

Repository: Trac SVN changelog since last build r46958 (GitHub mirror)

Notes:
OpenVPN 2.5.2: Guides, Server, PBR, Reverse PBR, Client (see second post), Kill Switch, update tips, scripts and more.
WireGuard 1.0.20210606/Tools: Guides, Client, Server, Advanced, PBR, KS, update tips, scripts & more. Thanks BS & egc!
• CVE-2019-14899 VPN fix (applicability depends on VPN setup) and GUI toggle since r41813.
SmartDNSMiniDLNA • Unbound 1.13.1 • CoovaChilli 1.6 • Tor 0.4.5.8 • OpenSSL 1.1.1k • Dnsmasq 2.85 • Privoxy 3.0.32
In-kernel Samba (ksmbd 3.3.9+): default min/max versions changed. • WSD updateANTFS/NTFS3 kernel mode driver++.
CVE-2020-26147, CVE-2020-24586, CVE-2020-24587 & CVE-2020-24588 (Fragattack) fixed.
• "Assign WAN port to Switch" feature removed to be reworked in a future release.

Issues:
• Show us your findings with steps to reproduce, configuration, output, logs and important information below!

Important:
• For issues provide applicable info: 'dmesg', 'cat /tmp/var/log/messages', syslog, klog, serial, strace, tcpdump, wireshark etc.
• Any firewall NAT or WAN issues, show output: 'iptables -vnL', 'iptables -t nat -vnL', 'iptables -t mangle -vnL' and /tmp/.ipt file.
• Search SVN tickets & discuss in forum before opening. Before reporting: reset & manually set up, not restore from a backup.
• Please include operating & wireless modes (e.g. Gateway, Router, AP, CB, WDS, Mesh) & relevant configuration information.

Example Template:
Code:
[b]Router/Version: [/b]
[b]File/Kernel: [/b]
[b]Previous/Reset: [/b]
[b]Mode/Status: [/b]
[b]Issues/Errors: [/b]
Sponsor
Wildlion
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 22:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router/Version: Virtual Box
File/Kernel: 46974 Linux 4.9.272 #1317 SMP Fri Jun 18 03:17:53 +07 2021 x86_64
Previous/Reset: 46690 no reset
Mode/Status: Boots, but no info/vga interface, used as a router for network testing in a virtual network lab
Issues/Errors:

2. No info or terminal on vga display (only Tux shows up)

Probably will roll back since I use the terminal on the vga display to configure (could use telnet or ssh) and webgui does work.

When I reboot from GUI this is when the display stops working on all subsequent boots. Maybe an attaching to display problem?

Edit: removed terminal aspect vs GUI, either one is causing it

Removed issue #1, it is not a disk issue but a RAM issue, see more below in thread

Last edited by Wildlion on Mon Jun 21, 2021 23:14; edited 1 time in total
hsar
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
1) What amount of RAM is assigned to your virtual machine?
2) I've noticed that too on Hyper-V. On first run and when upgrading, messages do appear. On subsequent boots, it's just TUX(/es).
I believe I've seen info being displayed again when changing something in the config - will try to reproduce.
Wildlion
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 16:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
I gave the VM 256 MB of RAM for DD-WRT. I do not have everything turned on and most of the time it never gets close to exceeding that... most of the times the students never exceed this either.

If you can figure out how to get the interface back that would be great... I have not spent the time to debug any further.
hsar
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 18:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
The virtual router will work with low RAM settings.
However, from what I understand, the upgrade process will require the entire image to fit in memory.
My upgrade attempts were failing when I had 512MB assigned to the vm. Issue resolved by assigning 1GB.
Could you try to assign 1GB to the vm just prior to the upgrade attempt? After the upgrade, it should be ok to lower it back to your previous settings.
Wildlion
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 23:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
@hsar That is a good bit of insight... Yes from testing I bumped my clean image up from 256 to 384 (ie added 128 MBs) and the upgrade worked smoothly. (it looked as though I had 128 MB free before it rebooted)

So I went back and monitored and even with the 256 there was some space left but I guess not enough in RAM. So it must have something to do with what is running and how much... I will make a note of that.

Thank you for the help in figuring that out!

Now if the terminal interface would work
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> X86 based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: