Only 3mbps speed from web server behind R7800 over WAN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
LaimisV
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 19:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
ho1Aetoo wrote:
LaimisV wrote:

To get back to TCP performance question, does latest R7800 have cubic by default (...and probably more parameters re-optimised for better performance)?

the TCP congestion control , can actually be set in the WebIF for a very long time ( tab "administration > management")

the sysctl parameter were adjusted (can be adjusted in current images comfortably via "adminstration > sysctl")

at the moment I'm still running build v3.0-r46395 (without any problems) because I currently have little time to test alphas and betas...

so I don't know what to recommend you there, basically every image probably has some bugs (they do not have to bother you personally)

just read the release threads, test one of the current (latest) images...

Could you share your sysctl -a ? This would be a starting point to quickly test them. Maybe adjust and see what worked best. In any case report with feedback.

Unfortunately, I can do upgrades in few months+ time. Will let you know how it went and how I solved an issue.
Sponsor
ho1Aetoo
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
is in your PM box
LaimisV
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
ho1Aetoo wrote:
is in your PM box

Many thanks. I'm going to play with these parameters as a starting point and later on will experiment with additional tuning found on other sources. Will let you know positive or negative findings. Hoping they can be useful.

For now, I can guess that there is issue when there are around 1000-2000 connections so tuning should be touched, MTU or a bug/limitation in some binary/module exists. Maybe there is something going on in network activity although bandwidth with nload is low.
LaimisV
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 15:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've tried these things:

- tuning based on latest parameters using sysctl

- turn off openvpn processes on router

- switching down all services so connection count dropped to 0 (except myself connected) on dd-wrt router

- restarted server and router so they were idling at 0.00 load and 0% CPU usage

- install nginx directly on router and download 100M file from RAM (/tmp/nginx)

Same slow 3mbps speed via WAN from dd-wrt nginx or server as previously described.

I have two dd-wrt routers and server behind each with similar internet service providers.

I give more chances that ISPs are limiting my public IP TCP speed in some situations (marking only some packets) than it's something wrong with Neatgear R7800 and its firmware.
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: