Do VLAN need anything more than NVRAM vars in >b46446

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
dragonC
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 14:53    Post subject: Do VLAN need anything more than NVRAM vars in >b46446 Reply with quote
I see that builds after r46446 add swconfig (which I haven't used before).

Up to r46446, I configure my VLANS by only using NVRAM variables. Does it still suffice in newer builds, or I need to do additional config?

Here's my current (r46446) vlan setup, basically having port4 carry vlan3 tagged and an untag VLAN1:

port5vlans=1 2 3 16
port3vlans=1
port1vlans=1
port4vlans=1 3 16
port2vlans=1
port0vlans=2

vlan2ports=0 5u
vlan3ports=4t 5
vlan1ports=1 2 3 4 5*
Sponsor
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 15:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm going to make a semi-educated guess that this is on an R7000; please refer to the forum rules and guidelines (all of them, new and old) about giving all applicable information. Now, to answer your question: If you upgrade to 46885, you should be able to do everything in the webUI. Or you can choose to stay at 46446 until you're comfortable after reading up on swconfig and watching the forum.
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
dragonC
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 16:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes it is a R7000. Sorry for missing the hardware info - I don't start a new thread often.

After I do this in the WebUI, can I translate the config to some corresponding sets of NVRAM variables before? I have a script to set all my config NVRAM variables. This helps me reset everything with ease without go through the WebUI at all (i.e. think maintaining a remote router in my aging parents' home).

Does setting the right NVRAM variables automatically trigger the correct swconfig operations (i.e. I don't need to write a separate script)?

kernel-panic69 wrote:
I'm going to make a semi-educated guess that this is on an R7000; please refer to the forum rules and guidelines (all of them, new and old) about giving all applicable information. Now, to answer your question: If you upgrade to 46885, you should be able to do everything in the webUI. Or you can choose to stay at 46446 until you're comfortable after reading up on swconfig and watching the forum.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 16:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you're going to stick with scripts, you need to learn swconfig command line. I guess the intent of functionality across the board and ease-of-use is moot.
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
dragonC
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 17:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
I figure that'd be the case. I'll go read up about swconfig and migrate.

Does newer builds still need these NVRAM variables then? Do I understand correctly that, once I migrate to swconfig, I don't need to set these vlan NVRAM variables any more?

kernel-panic69 wrote:
If you're going to stick with scripts, you need to learn swconfig command line. I guess the intent of functionality across the board and ease-of-use is moot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: