First draft of Flow Acceleration wiki entry

Goto page Previous  1, 2
ATHDude
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 22:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
ho1Aetoo wrote:
Alozaros wrote:
Don't forget 7800 has two not utilised Krait cores too, so if they come into hand, it will do...better even without SFE...

Well, the IPQ8065 has 2 Krait 300 cores, which are 8-9 years old by the way.
At that time, they were used in the Snapdragon 400/600 (which is lame compared to today's smartphone processors).

But these are the normal CPU cores that already work.
You mean the 2 NSS cores (Networking SubSystem) / NPU (Network Processing Unit).

These are 2 specialized 800mhz cores with a crypto engine.
They can shovel packets or accelerate e.g. AES.

The NSS cores work in some OpenWRT builds, but again with similar limitations as SFE (no QoS possible).

So in the end this is not the allround solution for everyone.

That's wrong. The OpenWRT NSS builds, at least the one have tested, has a selection for nss qos and was able to shape 750Mbps with only a few percent cpu load.
Sponsor
the-joker
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 19:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Too much information comes to mind. Not enough of the right information and too much information that belongs elsewhere perhaps.

Users need to know what it is, how it works in a short concise entry and what the drawbacks are when using it what to expect, and when to and when not to enable it. What its compatible with and what it is not.

And this is my opinion, what I read is more suitable for Wikipedia or some blog entry or even some magazine article, dd-wrt's wiki isn't appropriate for any such historical content.

I get my information on these features elsewhere, where it is all explained concisely and accurately with all the info anyone needs in two or three sentences.

P.S. but it is a tremendous effort we need this sort of dedication and contributions in a more concise way, so thanks for taking the time and consider the suggestions.

DD-WRT Inspired themes for the SVN Trac & FTP site
Join in for a chat @ #style_it_themes_public:matrix.org or #style_it_themes:discord

DD-WRT UI Themes Bug Reporting and Discussion thread

Router: ANus RT-AC68U E1 (recognized as C1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: