Is This A Record? Can You Beat It?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2  Next
LinkMeister
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 23:48    Post subject: Is This A Record? Can You Beat It? Reply with quote
If you can beat this, post your screen snip.

https://ibb.co/qr5kTjv

Moderator edit: If you are going to post an image as an attachment, it shall be no wider than 768 pixels per forum rules and guidelines.
Sponsor
ThaCrip
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 12:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have went more than 365 days (i.e. 1 year) for sure but I doubt I reached nearly 3.5 years like you got, especially given there is a reasonable chance ill have at least one power outage before reaching 3.5 years. I don't get power outages all that much, but it does happen from time-to-time.

also, I doubt I will beat your uptime given it's probably a good idea to update DD-WRT occasionally for security fixes that turn up. so I guess how long my uptime is will mostly boil down to if there are any fairly serious security issues or not that needs fixing. because in general I imagine most security fixes will probably be related to WiFi with OpenSSL(?). so if there are some non-critical OpenSSL security fixes that turn up, I am in no rush to update DD-WRT. but I am hoping ill be good for at least a year after I updated not long ago for the Fragattack fixes (seems May 13th 2021 builds or newer includes this).

Primary Router: Linksys WRT54GS v1.1 /w dd-wrt.v24_mini_generic (r46640 May 13th 2021) ; new Panasonic capacitors Feb 11th 2020 | Backup Router: Linksys WRT54GS v6 /w dd-wrt.v24_micro_generic (r46640 May 13th 2021)
Wildlion
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 14:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
One thing that is needed would be usage... If I plugged in one that sits idle (excluding power outages) that is different than one that takes a full load of traffic and features.

Either way that is a long time...
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 19:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
The fact that you had that device vulnerable to KRACK for 1,288 days ... Rolling Eyes
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 21:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
The fact that you had that device vulnerable to KRACK for 1,288 days ... Rolling Eyes

and few others....
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

yep tell me about it Razz Razz

impossible for me, as updates are 'at least' once a month...

to be precise photoshop does a miracles...too

i had almost 300 days too 289 ...but plain use nothing special on DIR-615 v H2 rock solid unit that was...than the longest i think was on old Kong build one router that i 'set it forget it' at one local station...was 500 ish

TP-Link WR1043NDv2 -DD-WRT 55303 Gateway/DoT,Forced DNS,Ad-Block,Firewall,x4VLAN,VPN
TP-Link WR1043NDv2 -Gargoyle OS 1.15.x AP,DNS,QoS,Quotas
Qualcomm-Atheros
Netgear R7800 --DD-WRT 55363 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,Forced DNS,AP&Net Isolation,x3VLAN,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R9000 --DD-WRT 55363 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,AP Isolation,Firewall,Forced DNS,x2VLAN,Vanilla
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 --DD-WRT 55363 Gateway/SmartDNS/DoH,AD-Block,Firewall,Forced DNS,x3VLAN,VPN
NOT USING 5Ghz ANYWHERE
------------------------------------------------------
Stubby DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 by mac913
ThaCrip
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 11:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wildlion wrote:
One thing that is needed would be usage... If I plugged in one that sits idle (excluding power outages) that is different than one that takes a full load of traffic and features.

Either way that is a long time...

Good point. but I would assume, unless otherwise stated, that it's a general use router for internet(LAN)/WiFi access.

but I can't really see DD-WRT crashing under normal use situations. so it will probably go nearly indefinitely short of power outage (or hardware failure like router itself or power supply dying) as I figure, off the top of my head, if it can make a year of uptime, it's probably not going to act up.

Primary Router: Linksys WRT54GS v1.1 /w dd-wrt.v24_mini_generic (r46640 May 13th 2021) ; new Panasonic capacitors Feb 11th 2020 | Backup Router: Linksys WRT54GS v6 /w dd-wrt.v24_micro_generic (r46640 May 13th 2021)
thommy181
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 16:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Device based on very old firmware. Uptime is minor parameter in this situation.
tedm
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 7:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
I once ran an ethernet-to-ethernet router on a 4 year uptime, that consisted of a 80486 PC running FreeBSD with 2 network cards in it. One card plugged into a secured private hospital network and the other card plugged into a secured private doctors clinic network. It was used to pass electronic charting information for patient records. I had actually forgotten I had installed it when I was called back 4 years later to install a new e charting system that used https over the Internet. It was supposed to be a 30 day stopgap for them while they bought a "real" router. That was when I was younger, more inexperienced, and did not understand how badly that doctors offices will scrape the face off every nickle before they let it go.

Nowadays I would never offer anything short of "the most expensive machine in the entire hospital that goes ping" to a doctors office.
AfterShock
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:

That's the 1st thing that came to my mind!!!!
LinkMeister
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:21    Post subject: Still Going, And Going, And Going... The Linksys Bunny Reply with quote
First, to quell all of the dis's...
It's a Repeater/Bridge connected to an EVL3 board in my Honeywell Vista 20P as a backup connection paralleling the GSM LTE 4G used by the monitoring station.

It's power supply is the alarm's backup battery.

There's no access to the router except from my LAN, so it can be as vulnerable to KRACK or every other malicious piece of crap and it doesn't matter.

Snipped this about 25 minutes ago:

E-3000_Uptime_2.png
 Description:
Up 1386 Days, 1:14
 Filesize:  174.57 KB
 Viewed:  2225 Time(s)

E-3000_Uptime_2.png

kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
As an RB, it does matter. If it's wireless interface(s) are enabled at all, it matters.

----------------------
LinkMeister
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 0:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
As an RB, it does matter. If it's wireless interface(s) are enabled at all, it matters.

Why? Is someone going to get within wifi range, hack into one of 7 hidden SSIDs, then hack into the client RB, just to inject malware?

I bet you a million dollars that'll never happen. PM me for instructions of how to pay me.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 0:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Give me your home address and we'll see. Hidden SSIDs don't secure anything, lol.

----------------------
LinkMeister
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 0:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
Give me your home address and we'll see. Hidden SSIDs don't secure anything, lol.

1st step in security is "Don't help the hacker" LOL

FIND ME. LOL
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 0:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Any way I respond to that gets me banned. Not today, silly fool.

----------------------
Goto page 1, 2  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: