Router reboots when I try to access GUI (Linksys E1200v2)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
tedm
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 23:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
check the on-board caps for signs of leaking.

Yes that 1000 times over. Should be SOP for anyone administering electronic or digital gear over or close to 10 years. Leaky caps are probably the number 1 reason wall wart adapters go bad and start putting out dirty power.
Sponsor
lolcocks
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
tedm wrote:
That would explain it, that router takes a 12v adapter.

Note:
https://deviwiki.com/wiki/Linksys_E1200_v2

"The power adapter included with the device is a HON-KWANG HK-Q106-A12 (12V, 0.5A)."

Very few routers take a 5v adapter.

kernel-panic69 wrote:
Get a 12V 2.5A adapter and check the on-board caps for signs of leaking. You may have to replace all the capacitors on the SoC board.

My apologies, I accidentally wrote 5 volts. They are both actually 12 volts, one 0.7 amp and other 0.5 amp.

tedm wrote:
kernel-panic69 wrote:
check the on-board caps for signs of leaking.

Yes that 1000 times over. Should be SOP for anyone administering electronic or digital gear over or close to 10 years. Leaky caps are probably the number 1 reason wall wart adapters go bad and start putting out dirty power.

I opened mine to check, don't seem to be having any leaks, I have a feeling this most likely was some kind of on board firmware issue.
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: