Dedicated guest bridge for a WAP - Good practice ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Bib
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 15:06    Post subject: Dedicated guest bridge for a WAP - Good practice ? Reply with quote
Hi
I'm still studying my migration from whr-g54s to a R7800 but it is a bit complicated. Following the wiki I noticed the br1 bridge has the same root MAC here in the GUI when it was different in the whr. This is confirmed by comparing the outputs for brctl show.
Because my ISP gateway is Spartan, I'm trying to have a WAP that hosts the DHCP server for both the main LAN and isolated guest wifi.
whr
Code:
brctl show
bridge name.....bridge id......................STP enabled.....interfaces
br0..................8000.00160184a382.....no...................vlan0
...............................................................................eth1
...............................................................................vlan1
br1..................8000.02160184a385.....no...................wl0.1

R7800
Code:
brctl show
bridge name.....bridge id......................STP enabled.....interfaces
br0..................8000.a040a07ccc05......no...................eth0
...............................................................................eth1
...............................................................................wlan0
...............................................................................wlan1
br1..................8000.a040a07ccc05......no...................wlan0.1
...............................................................................wlan1.1

Please do you have advice for this? Should I set br1 MAC to the one of wlan0.1 i.e. A2:40:A0:7C:CC:07 in the same way it is for br0=eth1 in the R7800 (and br1=wl0.1 and br0=eth0 in the whr)?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: