Joined: 08 May 2018 Posts: 13166 Location: Texas, USA
Posted: Thu May 13, 2021 16:18 Post subject: New Build - 05/13/2021 - r46640
[WARNING]: This thread is only for feedback on this beta release for developers and the community's benefit.
DO NOT flash this beta release unless you understand the risks involved and device specificrecovery methods.
Avoid discussions! Create threads for questions, general problems or use search; this thread is not for support.
Please list router model & revision, operating & wireless mode(s) and exact filename/firmware image flashed.
• Show us your findings with steps to reproduce, configuration, output, logs and important information below!
• For issues provide applicable info: 'dmesg', 'cat /tmp/var/log/messages', syslog, klog, serial, strace, tcpdump, wireshark etc.
• Any firewall NAT or WAN issues, show output: 'iptables -vnL', 'iptables -t nat -vnL', 'iptables -t mangle -vnL' and /tmp/.ipt file.
• Search SVN tickets & discuss in forum before opening. Before reporting: reset & manually set up, not restore from a backup.
• Please include operating & wireless modes (e.g. Gateway, Router, AP, CB, WDS, Mesh) & relevant configuration information.
Posted: Fri May 14, 2021 9:11 Post subject: TP-Link ARCHER-C5 v1
Router Model: TP-Link ARCHER-C5 v1
Kernel Version: Linux 3.18.140-d6
Previous/Reset: 05/09/2021 - r46604 / No
Mode/Status: Gateway /2.4 GHz,5.0 GHz, IPv4, Port Forwarding, NTP TimeSync, Samba, ProFTPD, miniDLNA, VPN
Issues/Errors: router is resetting itself every 30 seconds , When is connected usb drive 128 GB router restarts. When is unplugged usb drive router works.
Both R9000's exhibited high load averages of 20-25% and extremely sluggish GUI. Yamon start failed with timeout errors.
Reverted to 46604 and issue went away.
Dl'd fresh 46640 and issue cleared.
YMMV _________________ Segment 1 R9000 10Gb LAN, 1Gb WAN ISP BS
Wired AP 1 Unifi Wifi 6 LR US 1Gb LAN
Wired AP 2 Unifi Wifi 6 LR US 1Gb LAN
Wired AP 3 Unifi Wifi 6 LR US 1Gb LAN
Syslog Services Asustor 7110T NAS 10GB
NetGear XS716T 10GB Switch
download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/ (Brain Slayer)
Errors: Still the same 2,4Ghz random drops, especially: Windows 10 with Qualcom-Atheros when there is an Intel client as well iOS clients...Windows 10 need at least x3 attempts to connect and than its fine..still experimenting with WiFi settings to find the best medium.... _________________ Atheros
TP-Link WR740Nv1 ---DD-WRT 51440 WAP
TP-Link WR1043NDv2 -DD-WRT 51530 Gateway/DoT DNS,AP Isolation,Ad-Block,Firewall,Forced DNS,VPN,VLAN
TP-Link WR1043NDv2 -DD-WRT 51440 Gateway/DoT DNS,Ad-Block,Firewall,Forced DNS,x3 VLAN(no-wifi)
TP-Link WR1043NDv2 -Gargoyle OS 1.13.0 AP,DNS,QoS,Quotas
Netgear R7800 --DD-WRT 51530 Gateway/DoT DNS,AD-Block,AP&Net Isolation,VLAN's,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R9000 --DD-WRT 51440 Gateway/DoT DNS,AD-Block,AP Isolation,Firewall,Forced DNS, 2,4Ghz only,Vanilla
Netgear R7000 ---DD-WRT 51440 Gateway/DoT DNS,AD-Block,Firewall,Forced DNS,VLAN's,VPN (wi-fi off)
NOT USING 5Ghz ANYWHERE
Stubby for DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 by mac913