Linksys WRT3200ACM - WiFi Dropout (802.1x client)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
kieranm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 11:20    Post subject: Linksys WRT3200ACM - WiFi Dropout (802.1x client) Reply with quote
I'm trying to get a Linksys WRT3200ACM set up as a client to a WiFi running 802.1x (EAP-PEAP WPA2/AES)

I have configured the 5GHz network and set up the authentication and confirmed that this authenticates correctly.

wlan0 config:
Mode: Client Bridge (routed)
Network mode: AC-Only
Channel width: Dynamic (20/40)

The wireless does keep dropping off. Monitoring from the Status page I can see that it connects
The "info" section show HT20, then VHT80 and sometimes VHT80SGI.

The WiFi stays connected for about 20-30 seconds, then drops off for 3-8 secsonds and reconnects. The router is about 20M away from the AP it's connected to (Signal -70, Noise -106, SNR38 to Signal -47, Noise -106, SNR60) with near line of sight.

I am currently on firmware v3.0-r46604, I have tried r44715 and 46604 as well.

The WiFi works OK while it's connected and a wired PC is able to connect out through the device, which is what we need to happen.
I'm more concerned with stability of connection than pure speed.
If I disable wlan0 and configure wlan1 (2.4GHz) I get the same kind of dropouts WiFi Status shows as moving between LEGACY and HT20)

The WiFi network it's connecting to is Cisco AP's connected to a Wireless LAN controller.

o2bad455
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 19:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
You've listed one build twice so I'm not sure if you've tried two builds or three. The two you listed are far enough apart that you'd have to configure either from scratch as backup/restore would have mismatches. It's been a while since I've used client mode, but it doesn't make sense to me that the client should control either the network mode or channel width. I believe those are both determined by the host. So, if you're going to pick modes on the client, pick fixed (non-mixed, non-dynamic) modes that you're certain are supported by the host and see if that does it. My preference would be not to choose any and leave it all up to the host.
Netgear R9000 - Atheros
Netgear R7000 - Broadcom
PC x86-64 VM - Atheros
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: