Wireless Clients can't see each other

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
spiralhom
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:53    Post subject: Wireless Clients can't see each other Reply with quote
Hi, i've set up my WRT54GL using DD-WRT v23 SP1 Final as my internet router and DHCP Server. One computer's got a Linksys WUSB54GP Wireless Adapter and the other's a notebook with Intel Realtec 3945ABG. Both adapters have latest firmware.

Ok. I can get internet on both PCs. That's not the problem. The problem is they can't see each other. The DD-WRT status shows both clients connected. And it has even assigned them IP's (100 & 101). I've run Windows "Setup a home or office network" many times on both pcs and even tried repairing the connection, and giving them static ips. If i go to browse the workgroup, I see them listed. But i can't connect and i can't even ping it. That's right. I can't ping one client to another. Both have Windows Firewall turned off.

Is there some setting i'm missing in DD-WRT that blocks sharing between clients? I havn't touched the settings from default that much besides setting up WMM and other QOS things for my gaming. I might have to resort to a reset and start again. THe WRT54GL has been set up as an AP, in Gateway mode. Static ip with standard 255.255.255.0 mask and blank gateway, dynamic IP Internet. DHCP server is turned (i've tried it off). Wireless is forced G mode open authentication with 64bit WEP.

Strangely enough each client can ping the router and even ping the wired pc connected locally to it. I havn't had this problem before on the D-Link i was using.
Sponsor
rkloost
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
AP isolation?

Regards,
Ruud

1xWRT54Gv2

In need of WRT54GS <= v3 EU/UK for firmware-debugging purposes. Buffalo's are welcome too! PM me if you have a spare one.
spiralhom
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
OMG i had it turned on ><. I must've got it in my head somehow that AP isolation was to isolate AP's from AP's... gotta read that help file a bit more.

Thanks for fixing that up. So now I'm another very happy customer. I'll just have to buy another WRT54GL for my room upstairs and burn this D-Link DI-524. Thank you guys from DR-WRT for making such a wonderful package that turns a AP into a client-bridge. I don't know when the Big-wigs will decide (if ever) to release a client bridge on router-switches instead of selling those 1-port "ethernet bridges". But until then, i'll continue using this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: