R8000 wifi speeds with firmware 46329 standard build

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
jhaverbs
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:00    Post subject: R8000 wifi speeds with firmware 46329 standard build Reply with quote
I have 2 netgear r8000 routers, both with build 46329. The AP router is connected to internet through netgear cable modem. I have another r8000 in client mode with same firmware. It is on a different subnet. I have client setup on wl0. wl2 is disabled. wl1 at 2.4 ghz is AP.

I get good wifi transfer speed from AP to client router, about 150-200 mbps. But the other way, transferring data from client router to AP is only 1/4 of that, around 40-50 mbps.

Is that expected? Or do I have to adjust wifi settings? I have left all wifi parameters at default. Client is connected to AP router with wl0 channels 161 and 155. I have one devices connected to AP mode of wl1, 2.6 ghz radio on channel 11, that is getting internet through the bridge on wl0.

I have tried several build from 2019, but they all have the same issue. I appreciate any suggestions.

Note: I do not see any Sensitivity Range (ACK Timing)settings on the wireless settings page. Is that missing for MIMO routers or I have a bad firmware flash?
Sponsor
jhaverbs
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 20:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, I was able to significantly increase the data transfer by changing the beacon from 100 to 400 for wl0, and 100 to 300 for wl1. wl2 is not activated since I am using client bridge on wl0.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: