Non-working gigabit port on D-Link DIR-825

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
abhijitat
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 17:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
andreyua wrote:
Only advice is to make an update. And the fact that the same router with Dlink factory firmware 9 years ago has all working gigabit ports - no one sees. Guys - I don't need security updates, I just need the ports to work.

Some kind of clownery.

I would have used better words.

All Gurus trying to help is DEFINITELY not clownery, Gurus here have years of experience and expertise. it they are telling to update, it is for better.

+2 @ian5142 is absolutely right in telling you to update.

r37305 build is quite old, many issues have been fixed in last 2 & 1/2 years. not only security vulnerability but also various fixes and features.

@ian5142 has also given you a simple guide to do a manual backup and reset.

Request you to try before claiming clownery by gurus.

claiming 9 year old hardware having working gigabit ports, you are also opening a possibility of hardware issue. you being adamant not even trying advises given by them even by trying to plug in from gigabit port to ports showing 100mbits.

Finally as stated earlier it is your choice, but please be polite in conversation and avoid insults to people (to add All experienced Gurus).
Sponsor
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 18:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
andreyua wrote:
Only advice is to make an update. And the fact that the same router with Dlink factory firmware 9 years ago has all working gigabit ports - no one sees. Guys - I don't need security updates, I just need the ports to work.

Some kind of clownery.

Please refer to the posts in the link below, two of which were in place *before* you joined this forum and have only been updated to fix broken links and other issues.

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=44

Let me know if you want to further discuss your problems *after* you've upgraded the firmware version. As of this point, this thread is locked because of your failure to adhere to protocol.

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: