WiFi only connects if Unsecure or on Channel 6?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
StillBlue
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 17:04    Post subject: WiFi only connects if Unsecure or on Channel 6? Reply with quote
Since trying to update my WRT54G-TM which in turn broke MMC/SD Mod and VPN (2 of the things I used most in DD-WRT), I decided to downgrade back to the version that had been working perfectly for me for 8+ years.

I wrote the old version back to the router, then erased the nvram and set up from scratch (I erased the nvram first with the GUI resetting it, then via putty, then even over JTAG.

I have never had a problem connecting to the router before, but now I can only connect via WiFi if it's on Channel 6, or if it's any other channels, you have to turn encryption off.

I wondered if anyone had encountered this before, and what they did to solve it.
Sponsor
StillBlue
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 17:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well I don't think that could be any more strange if it tried. I searched the forums everywhere, and found someone else say this and that I should just let the router warm up a bit on Channel 6, and everything will sort itself. Sure enough, left it 10 mins on Channel 6, came back, switched to channel 11, everything is perfect.

Very odd.

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=747602
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: